Chit Chat

New Snowflakes

It looks like the first wave of Valentine's Day brides are here. And giving bad advise.

An honest question, I thought there was a period of time from signing up to being able to post. But when I finally signed up (after lurking for a year or so), I could post right away. Has something changed?

Re: New Snowflakes

• I hope you guys are up for the fight. I am. 

Need more liquor. And booze. And cheese curds. mmm cheese curds.

• I have my bingo cards and the makings for mai tais!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• I'm ready.  I got my sunny sarcasm ready to whip out, and a few different bottles of wine.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• falsara said:
    I'm ready.  I got my sunny sarcasm ready to whip out, and a few different bottles of wine.
    How about a triple scotch, neat?
  • danamw said:
    falsara said:
    I'm ready.  I got my sunny sarcasm ready to whip out, and a few different bottles of wine.
    How about a triple scotch, neat?
    Oh I have plenty of Scotch and some Bourbon, and there's some Whiskey too. I'll make it however you want.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• On my local board, there is a thread about gaps and while myself and another fellow poster are saying its rude, everyone else is saying its ok, that it their day.  UGH!
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ohmrs2014 said:
    On my local board, there is a thread about gaps and while myself and another fellow poster are saying its rude, everyone else is saying its ok, that it their day.  UGH!
    Ugh, that thread is annoying me. Cash bars may be practically non-existent here, but gaps are far too common. I just want to shake the bejebus out of these snowflakes!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• ohmrs2014 said:
    On my local board, there is a thread about gaps and while myself and another fellow poster are saying its rude, everyone else is saying its ok, that it their day.  UGH!
    Ugh, that thread is annoying me. Cash bars may be practically non-existent here, but gaps are far too common. I just want to shake the bejebus out of these snowflakes!
    I know!  I mean seriously.  When we were thinking about a Church wedding, the priest said that we were able to have a Friday ceremony at 5:30pm, which would end at 6pm (we weren't doing the full mass) and give people an hour to travel to the reception, because lets face it, in NJ traffic, they would have needed the hour, if not more.

Anniversary

• hellohkb said:
    With all the new SS', we should start a drinking game!

"but it's MY DAY" = shot
    "I know it's rude, but...." = shot
    "You're all so mean" = shot
    "I feel bad for your SO's/FI's/DH's" = shot

Lol 

Are you trying to give us all alcohol poisoning?!
    LOL, good point.  I may have to rethink this... 
  • With all the new SS', we should start a drinking game!

"but it's MY DAY" = shot
    "I know it's rude, but...." = shot
    "You're all so mean" = shot
    "I feel bad for your SO's/FI's/DH's" = shot

Lol 

Adding:
    "You all are so rude!" =shot
    "Do whatever you want!" =shot
    "My family/friends/etc. love me, so they won't mind!" =shot
    "You don't know me!" =shot

"Improve your personal quality" =chug a beer
    Don't forget to add the classic DD
  • I'm really glad at times like these that my local board is pretty dead. I almost wish that the month boards and local boards had the same stickys as the Etiquette board and such.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Is this all over, or mostly on E??  I need some drama to entertain me today

• Yeah, where are they all posting?!
  • The height of Snowflake Season is typically Christmas through Valentine's Day. Hang in there!
  • Is this all over, or mostly on E??  I need some drama to entertain me today
    Yup, if you're in the mood to read "It's YOUR big day!" until your eyes bleed and boatloads of bad advice being passed on by snowflakes who just signed up, come on over to E.  

I've had to amp up my daily wine increase to deal with this winter season.
    I've also seen some on the Budget and Wedding Party boards
  • Boo.  I'm already caught up on E, so nothing new for me.  :(   Must find other ways to entertain myself today.  

• I really really really REALLY hate the whole, "Oh, don't listen to all these mean old ladies! It's your day, do what you want! Teehee!" thing. Yeah, sure, you can do what you want. If your question is, "Can I physically do this stupid thing or will some invisible universal force stop me," then the answer is, "Yes, you can do that thing."

But that's not what they're asking. They're asking, "Should I do this stupid thing?" whether or not the answer is one they want to hear, and the answer is generally, "You should not do this stupid thing because it is rude."

Remember that couple I posted about recently who wanted to livestream their wedding so all the people they couldn't afford to invite could watch from their homes? I told a friend about it and she said, "I don't see why that's a problem. It's their day! They can do what they want!"

Sure, they can. But that doesn't make it not hella rude. You can do whatever you want for your wedding. But "can" and "should" are two very different things, and I'm really annoyed by how many people are getting them confused.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I really really really REALLY hate the whole, "Oh, don't listen to all these mean old ladies! It's your day, do what you want! Teehee!" thing. Yeah, sure, you can do what you want. If your question is, "Can I physically do this stupid thing or will some invisible universal force stop me," then the answer is, "Yes, you can do that thing."

But that's not what they're asking. They're asking, "Should I do this stupid thing?" whether or not the answer is one they want to hear, and the answer is generally, "You should not do this stupid thing because it is rude."

Remember that couple I posted about recently who wanted to livestream their wedding so all the people they couldn't afford to invite could watch from their homes? I told a friend about it and she said, "I don't see why that's a problem. It's their day! They can do what they want!"

Sure, they can. But that doesn't make it not hella rude. You can do whatever you want for your wedding. But "can" and "should" are two very different things, and I'm really annoyed by how many people are getting them confused.

To the bolded, DH and I were thinking of going to Vegas to get married when we were originally planning and our parents loved the idea (didn't happen because my dad's health took a turn for the worse and he didn't feel comfortable traveling)  Family were on board because they all looked at it like it was a vacation.  The hotels out there actually stream the wedding for those who couldn't attend (mainly his aunt).  DH loved the idea and I was like, uh, no thanks.  
    Anniversary

• sophhabobophasophhabobopha member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2015
    I'm fucking ready
  • Where are they? I am in a mood and would to slap some bridezillas of their high horses. Within the TOS of course *looks left looks right*

• I'm crabby this week but I'm also busy. I wanna misdirect my anger on the internet!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Boo.  I'm already caught up on E, so nothing new for me.  :(   Must find other ways to entertain myself today.  
    There's a few lingering out on the month boards. My month board (May) had a whole big thread about how brides should just plan their own bachelorette party, it's not rude because they are "entitled" to said party. Another month board, I believe, had some promoting of gaps. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards