Chit Chat
Options

Vanderpump Rules (kind of WR?)

Does anyone else watch this show? I can't stop, it's so soapy and trashy and wonderful.

So Scheana's been planning her wedding all season, talking about how she's "getting a great deal" here and "splurging a little bit there".

Well she finally revealed this week that she's been on a $30k budget and she accidentally TRIPLED IT. How do you accidentally triple your budget???? Don't get me wrong, the wedding was beautiful (professional filming will do that for you), but she was also a total zilla about everything, even making her wedding singer sing the processional song twice because she started too early, and Scheana refused to walk out until she stopped and started again. 

But really, it was the budget that got me.

The budget bride inside me had a heart attack and is still recovering. Thoughts and prayers are appreciated :P

Re: Vanderpump Rules (kind of WR?)

• Options
    Yes! I had the same thought--it's basically not even a budget at that point. Was she paying no attention to what things cost throughout the planning process?!

She was also an etiquette NIGHTMARE. I used to find her mostly tolerable compared to some other cast members, but she was nutso about her wedding. Blech.
  • Options
    I don't know what show you're talking about, but I get frustrated when I watch bridal shows where they talk about going over budget by so much.  Well.... it just wasn't a budget then?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    And I panicked about being $500 over budget...I guess this should make me feel better?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I can't stand that show.  Everyone is just so horrible and shallow.  It doesn't surprise me that one of their weddings turned out to be such a clusterfuck.  

• Options
    I love the show. Yeah, her "budget" comments were ridiculous.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Also love the show, can't wait for next week haha. I was thinking that she might be talking about what it COSTS versus what she is spending- she seemed to beg favors from a lot of people- like the alcohol budget alone must be 10k and she got that for free. Plus I bet the show paid for some of it. So it might be a 90k wedding that she didn't actually pay 90k for. And yes, she was a huge etiquette nightmare. At least Lisa was able to talk her into inviting Katie (her original plan was just to invite Tom). 

• Options
    Also love the show, can't wait for next week haha. I was thinking that she might be talking about what it COSTS versus what she is spending- she seemed to beg favors from a lot of people- like the alcohol budget alone must be 10k and she got that for free. Plus I bet the show paid for some of it. So it might be a 90k wedding that she didn't actually pay 90k for. And yes, she was a huge etiquette nightmare. At least Lisa was able to talk her into inviting Katie (her original plan was just to invite Tom). 

I always figure people on these reality shows are getting things for free or reduced prices bc of their notoriety or the advertising it will get the venue or brand, etc. and yea guessing the show covered some parts too
  • Options
    Haha, I love this show too - its such a guilty pleasure. These people are total trainwrecks, but it's hard to look away. 

I couldn't believe they tripled the budget either, especially since they got all the alcohol and favors (and who knows what else for free). 

The whole thing with her freaking out about the music and making the singer sing the song twice was totally ridiculous. 

All this being said, I can't wait for next weeks episode!
  • Options
    I couldn't help but think that her friends that were working at the wedding like the officiant and singer weren't being properly compensated/thanked.

The wedding invitations looked like they were for an elementary school Barbie party.

The dress was bad but I guess it worked for her. The headband was AWFUL though.

----

fka dallasbetch 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    I thought the dress was hideous. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I thought the dress was OK on her, but that headband/veil needed to head back to 1972.

I couldn't believe she even considered not inviting Katie - especially when Kristen was invited the entire time! 

I can't wait for this week, haha, and especially the reunion episodes! I love hearing them all talk about it in the same room, no more this person said that - we got it all on tape, bitches.
  • Options
    I caught FH watching this show. He said it was so bad that it was so good. I usually watch it when I get off of work. I am interested in the next episode. 

Live fast, die young. Bad Girls do it well. Suki Zuki.

• Options
    I need to catch up! It's so terribly awesome.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    She was a total Zila. I can't wait to see next week. Her dress was awful and so was that headpiece.
  • Options
    YES. I've felt so bad for James this season, because while she's with him she's only weirdly obsessed with Tom, but behind his back she's actively like, stalking him.
  • Options
    annnnd scheana cried because they hadn't done her dollar dance yet..... 

• Options
    I'm hoping her shitty coordinator did that on purpose.
  • Options
    If you can spend $90k on a wedding, you especially shouldn't do a dollar dance. 

I hate her dress so much, because it looks like the top and bottom are from two different dresses. 

She's just a spoiled little girl who thinks she can have whatever she wants, including other people's husbands, as was once the case. 
  • Options

I hate her dress so much, because it looks like the top and bottom are from two different dresses. 

She's just a spoiled little girl who thinks she can have whatever she wants, including other people's husbands, as was once the case. 
    Isn't that why she is so prominent on the show? I remember them dragging it out with Brandi. On both shows. I hate her so much, so hard.
  • Options
    arrippa said:

Isn't that why she is so prominent on the show? I remember them dragging it out with Brandi. On both shows. I hate her so much, so hard.
    Yeah, they love to remind us on the show. 

Oh, and she had $90k to spend, but couldn't invest in a cleaning crew?! My wedding was less than $10k, and I still paid for people to clean up when it was over. 
  • Options
    arrippa said:

Yeah, they love to remind us on the show. 

Oh, and she had $90k to spend, but couldn't invest in a cleaning crew?! My wedding was less than $10k, and I still paid for people to clean up when it was over. 
    I was thinking the same thing!  Last week I thought it was tacky that she seemed to be begging for handouts.  This week's episode with mention of a dollar dance and wanting to make sure her friends were up to clean the next morning made me want to vomit.  Who wants to clean up someone else's wedding, good friends or not?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I loved that she spent close to 100,000 on her wedding and then made her friends clean up in the morning. So ridiculous but I love that show!
  • Options
    I've never seen this show before so I googled pictures of the wedding.

At first I was like "What's so bad about that dress?"

Then clicked through some more pictures and realized.... that's not a tan belt, that is her stomach.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    My family was left to/"asked" to clean up at my cousin's wedding (read: we were literally the last people there with my aunt, who's disabled and somehow planned to do it herself?) and after that happened twice, my other uncle told me that he'd pay for my whole trip to elope so he didn't have to clean up another wedding, haha.
  • Options
    I watched most of Monday's episode last night, but I feel asleep around when Lisa's son told James to apologize. 

Scheana acted like such an asshole, and I totally get joy out of knowing it was all captured on video. Her dress looked even worse at the reception. The bottom was way too tight around her waist. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards