Connecticut

Top Five Venues - What Were Your Experiences?

Hi! My fiance and I have narrowed our venue choices down to our top five: Belle Terrace, Birch Meadow, A Villa Louisa, The Nutmeg and Apricot's Restaurant. We are also thinking about possibly visiting Colonial Tavern. We haven't visited any venues in person yet as we are planning from a distance and won't be in CT until summer. So, we are trying to gather as much information about the venues (and other's experiences) as possible. Any brides have comments on any of these venues based on visits or on their weddings? 

Re: Top Five Venues - What Were Your Experiences?

• Belle Terrace dropped the ball and never got back to me whatsoever about touring. The only other one I know is the Nutmeg. Used to go to the restaurant there for brunch with my parents and we loved it.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I was seriously considering Apricots and had a lovely conversation with the manager there. My main concern was that during the spring/ summer they were very limited on when they could do an outside ceremony since they have outside dining for regular customers.  I did not get a chance to visit before booking my venue, the Cobbs Mill Inn.  I live in Boston so also planning from out of town.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Check out the Eolia Mansion at Harkness State Park... absolutely stunning!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards