Wedding Party
Options

Bridesmaids

Im feeling a bit un easy with choosing my girls. So far I have 5 BM. I really wanted to ask one more of my friends but two of the girls that I was considering haven't really even made the effort to hang out in the past six months and rarely talk to me anymore. We use to be close and somehow things shifted . Maybe I should wait and see , the wedding isn't until 14 months. 

Re: Bridesmaids

• Options
    Wait. There is no reason to rush into asking girls to be BMs when your wedding is so far away
  • Options
    Yup. STOP RIGHT NOW. You have plenty of time for bridesmaids. Just relax.

• Options
    Wait a few months, and then ask. Choosing bridesmaids should be a no-brainer. If you have to hem and haw about whether or not to ask someone, you probably shouldn't ask them because they are not your nearest and dearest.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    AddieCake said:
    Wait a few months, and then ask. Choosing bridesmaids should be a no-brainer. If you have to hem and haw about whether or not to ask someone, you probably shouldn't ask them because they are not your nearest and dearest.
    100% agree with this. There shouldn't be a bunch of doubts and hesitation because these should be your closest friends that you love the most. If you feel like there's reasons you shouldn't ask, then you probably shouldn't ask. 

And, echoing what everyone else has already said, also wait. 
  • Options
    You asked BMs 20+ months before your wedding? Relationships can change (clearly), which is why BMs shouldn't be asked more than about 10 months out. 

As for asking new BMs, wait. You've already made the mistake of asking others too early. Hold off until summer on this one.

As for the BMs who you aren't as close with anymore, just know (if you were considering it) that kicking someone out of a WP is a friendship ending move. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Don't ask anyone yet. Wait until you're 9-10 months out. Then, ask only the people you feel closest with. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards