Wedding Party
Options

Mixed gender bridal party?

My FI is from Europe and has been in the states for 5 years but is really only close with family and a couple friends. I on the other hand have a abundance of friends and family. I have already settled on the fact we will have a 2:1 ratio of bridesmaids to groomsmen. What I want to know is what is everyones opinion of having his niece who he is very close with be one of his groomspeople. So far the people he wants to stand with him are his brother in law nephew and friend. There are alot of other guys that would love to stand with him but honestly they are not as close as him and his niece. Thoughts?

Re: Mixed gender bridal party?

• Options
    My FI is from Europe and has been in the states for 5 years but is really only close with family and a couple friends. I on the other hand have a abundance of friends and family. I have already settled on the fact we will have a 2:1 ratio of bridesmaids to groomsmen. What I want to know is what is everyones opinion of having his niece who he is very close with be one of his groomspeople. So far the people he wants to stand with him are his brother in law nephew and friend. There are alot of other guys that would love to stand with him but honestly they are not as close as him and his niece. Thoughts?
    It is perfectly fine to have a groomswoman and an uneven bridal party.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We had an uneven party and my husband's best friend, who is a woman, stood on his side.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Sounds good. In this day and age, mixed gender wedding parties, various ages, uneven sides, different dresses/suits... are all quite normal. If this is what y'all want, you should do it.

Here are some pictures. None of these weddings were ruined by doing this!
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    It's up to him. If he wants to ask her, he can. If he doesn't, don't pressure him just to try to balance out a ratio of sides. He may be happy with just having the 2 he has.
  • Options
    I think that would be adorable. I have a guy who's standing on my side (I've known him since he was born so he's like a brother to me) and my FI has a girl standing on his side (they've been best friends since they were kids). No big deal. We also have uneven sides. 

Whatever works for you guys, go for it. If that means his niece stands on his side, that's perfect. 
  • Options
    It's a non-issue.  Even sides and genders don't matter.  Each of you should ask whoever you are closest to. 

• Options
    It's none of your concern who your FI chooses to be on his side. He can ask anyone, man or woman (or girl).

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards