Not Engaged Yet

Nontraditional Relationship Status: Not yet engaged ...but there's a ring... Sort of

2»

Re: Nontraditional Relationship Status: Not yet engaged ...but there's a ring... Sort of

• @emmerly, you definitely should talk to your BF and tell him how it makes you feel every time he pulls out the engagement ring.  My guess is that he's so excited that he just wants to tell everyone and show everyone the ring, which is sweet.  Just remind him that if the ring comes out all the time, and everyone has seen it before you're engaged, then showing people the ring sort of loses its excitement once you do become engaged.
  • As many others have said, you do not have to explain your relationship status to anyone. If you and your partner do not identify as engaged then you are not.

I would say though it seems odd that he is showing the ring off as much as he is. Like others have said "dangling the carrot". I am sure it is just excitement but it comes off as immaturity to me.

As long as you are not surprised/hurt that people are not all that excited once you actually are engaged it really does not matter.

• I love him and that's all that matters.  He's the best thing that ever happened to me. 
  • What is that supposed to mean? 
  • What is that supposed to mean?  Seriously, you are rude!
  • lilacck28 said:
    @dvdplayer

1. Don't hit "reply", hit "quote" and then respond to it.
    2. Calm down dude... you sound bonkers! We don't know you, and you're writing really dramatically.
    Take a look at her post history. It gets even better. She GBCKed over on the Reception Ideas board. 

• lilacck28lilacck28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited January 2015
    @swazzle

MUD? Oh man. it has to be! Who thinks no heat is an okay idea? I went to school in southern Maine. It gets cold in the fall!

ETA: I read more posts. I'll say it again. Bonkers.
  • First let me say: I love your ring!
    Not sure I would be happy with him showing it to so many people... I think in my case, I want to be the one showing it off.
    My boyfriend and I have been together for 6 months (known each other for longer, we actually work together and have for a while). We booked a night on a very posh hotel in London for July 25th, our first anniversary. He already told me he will be proposing that day and asked me if I want him to go down on one knee or not (personally, I'm not bothered, whatever he's comfortable with is OK with me). He told me he wants me to pick my ring, and in May we are going to Vienna, where a good friend of mine owns a jewellery shop. She will design the ring for us (she doesn't know yet).
    I think the time between having my finger measured and discussing/designing the ring with my friend, and the actual engagement will be a very strange situation! But these are happy times, it's good to have things like these to look forward to :-)
    So enjoy this time. You will think fondly about it one day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards