Attire & Accessories Forum

Birdcage veil

Hi everyone!

First of all, I bought my dress this weekend, hooray!  I want to wear a birdcage veil that slants across my face most likely over one eye, but am wondering about the "logistics" of this.  Our ceremony is at 4:30 PM in November, so most (if not all) of our pictures will be taken around town before the ceremony.  First, do people wear their veils in photos?  Or would I just put the veil on for the ceremony and that's it?  I would love to have some photos with it, but definitely not all of them since it will cover some of my face.  On the other hand, I don't want to worry about taking it on and off a lot.  Any input would be helpful.  Thanks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Birdcage veil

• I wore my veil for my pictures because I did not want to take the darn thing off, and then we took a few without my veil. Just tell your photographer you want some with the veil, some without and to be honest if he feels it is blocking your face.

You can wear it however long you want to!

image   image   image

• I wore a birdcage veil on our wedding day. I also had it placed on an angle covering one eye and loved it! I wore it for the ceremony and half of the photos, then I took it off and it stayed off the rest of day/evening. So yes, you can definitively to do both :)
  • I'm so glad you loved it; I love the look too!  I think I would definitely do what you did if the pictures were after the ceremony.  However, I'm at a loss since 99% of our photos will be before the ceremony.  I suppose I could leave the veil off for the first half of the pictures, then put it on and leave it on for the ceremony, and then take it off again for the reception.  That would only be putting it on and taking it off once. 

Thanks for letting me brainstorm :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards