Wedding Woes

Morning

How was the weekend?

Saturday was awful.  The snow made the drive to the funeral a bitch.  We were asked to sit with the family.  Watching a wife, daughter, mother, sister, being grieved was terrible. This family so closely mirrors my family I couldn't even look at a brother and sister holding each other up.  M2 and the woman shared a name so I spent most of the rest of the day just wanting to hug her tight.

Sunday I slept in, cleaned, did laundry, cooked, DH took 6let to baseball evals, and we played in the snow.  We booked our anniversary trip.  FIL asked for ideas for M2's birthday.  I listed 3 things then was joking and mentioned a pool membership.  It's 3 times what they spend on gifts and we were going to get it.  As soon as I mentioned it he said "How much" I said too much.  He pushed so I told him and his instant reply was "consider it done!"  So, I'm glad we aren't getting more toys, but I do feel guilty that it's more than normal.

This week I'm just hoping they have school.  The windchills are making things iffy, but I really need them to go to school

Re: Morning

• Oh and I got a paycheck this week.  It was supposed to be pretty small because my boss has been on vacation.  It was bigger than I expected so I asked.  Payroll said the boss wants me to have a minimum pay to keep me happy. 
  • Everyone was sick at my house.  :(  Just a cold, luckily, but we were a mess:  DD was coughing constantly, DS's nose was gross (and he started getting really bad about letting me wipe it, even with Boogie Wipes), DH lost his voice completely, and I just felt like crap.  We ended up canceling our Saturday evening plans with some friends, because they have a 6 mo. old and they're already dealing with chronic ear infections with him.  I didn't want to get him sick again.

DD had her art class "showcase," so we dragged ourselves through that.  And DH put up a ceiling fan in the family room.  I have no idea why there wasn't one before--the connections were there and everything, the previous owners just never installed one.  DH is pretty handy but never has time for house projects because he always has work projects, so he was glad to get it done.  He was so inspired by his fan success that he's all amped up to install programmable thermostats, which is something else we're surprised the original owners never did.

DD got to help DH and was really proud of herself.  DS is obsessed with anything on ceilings, so he was transfixed--he kept pointing at DH on the ladder and then the fan, saying "Up! Up!"
  • Friday-Out to dinner for FIL's bday.  The kiddo spent the night at my IL's. 
    Saturday-Running around and then FIL's bday party.  Lots of good family time. 
    Sunday-More running around in the morning and then I worked a bit in the afternoon.  

I watched the Oscars until the bitter end.  So, so tired today. 
  • I'm sorry 6, funerals are hard and loss just sucks.

I worked on Friday (because I had nothing better to do after a neurologist appt than drive to work to discover that I shouldn't have, because in spite of "hey, we are going to be doing X things at Y times, come snowdays or sleet or rain or whatnot"--all they needed to do was be near a phone/computer/whatever and tell me what slots they wanted.
    But EVERY DAMN ONE of them, on Thursday and Friday afternoons, said "oh, we dont' have school, I left allllll my notes in the office there"

Shouldn't have gone to work)

Saturday we got Buffy her new glasses and ran some errands and went to the library book sale and I went to bed with a damn impressive migraine.  I took 4 different types of meds before we got me down to a 'moaning softly while rocking back and forth' level (from the 'moaning loudly while writhing' level).
    Sunday was migraine hangover.
    today is more hangover.
  • edited February 2015
    The weekend as a whole was pretty good. We had a great interview with a potential babysitter. I'm hoping she wants the job.

Saturday became a wash due to the snow, but we still managed to have a nice dinner out with my friend for a belated birthday.

Sunday we went to this tiny indoor farmers' market and ended up spending a ton of money. We got 3 pieces of cheese (incredible!), a locally made whiskey, a small fruit pie for me, some home made plum chutney, and a "faux gras" (totally vegan take on foie gras that actually TASTES like foie. It totally has the same richness).

Sleep is still barely-existent for PF. Last night was particularly bad and I'm running on 3 hours of sleep.
  • Morning. 

I'm sorry about the funeral 6. That just sucks. :(

This weekend was pretty good. Friday and Saturday, DD and I just played around the house. She was sort of clingy from not being home earlier in the week so she needed me to just sit there and be near her. Totally didn't mind it, because random baby hugs. Yesterday we went to the Nordstrom Rack near my mom as it's way bigger and I wanted to pick up a few things for my Vegas trip this weekend. Got what I needed, then we went to my mom's house for a bit. Saw my mom's cousin and her husband, ate dinner, then headed home.

I have gotten so much sleep this weekend it is unreal. I feel amazing as a result, but I know once DH and DS are home I will get sapped of all that energy real quick.
  • I started getting sick Friday night and was basically out of commission Saturday and Sunday with the cold from hell. I still feel pretty awful today, but i needed to come into the office for in-person training in the afternoon. Planning to work from home tomorrow, so will at least get a little more rest. 
  • Barbie, DH had that cold last week.  It started Friday/Saturday and he wasn't feeling better until Thursday-ish and it's still lingering a bit.  He also worked full days all last week. 

DefConn also had a nasty, long-running cold. 

Viruses seem to be bad this year.* 

*(this research comes exclusively from people posting on FB about their or their child's illness)
  • My mom was here all last week, so busy catching up on reading posts.  My weekend was spent with her and then crashing after she left yesterday.  We had a good visit, but the weather kept us from really doing anything but sitting around.

I just read Nola's date post - how did the weekend date go?

Hope everybody is feeling better, and sorry about the funeral 6, so sad.

• I'm at work.  Can't say much else. 

Just had an interesting discussion about "gays and the word of God" and all that.  I just didn't feel like it was appropriate. I guess I should've just kept my mouth shut, because I don't feel like you pointing to items somewhere in a book and then spouting off "nature and God" as items to back you. 

So that being said, coworker is gone and I couldn't be happier to seethe in peace a bit.  It'll pass, but I just had to have a moment.
  • Today marks a week of bedrest for me. Fortunately, my blood pressure was really good at my OB appointment today, so the bedrest is working and I'm not traveling further down the road to preeclampsia. The beta test appears to be about 8 lbs, 9 oz on ultrasound and we supposedly have three weeks left, sigh. I'm hoping that I'll dilate more than the 1 cm I have now very soon and we get this show on the road asap.

• @juche - preeclampsia is no fun. hopefully the bed rest is at home, and not in the hospital? glad you seem to be holding out so far, and with being full term, an induction due to preelampsia is less worrisome. 
  • Yes, fortunately the bedrest is at home. My mom spent some of her bedrest in the hospital, so we were all really excited that I got to stay home with the dogs, cats and family, especially because of the ice storm last week -- I would have been alone at the hospital because no one would have been able to get up to Nashville to see me. Beta was also practicing breathing on the latest ultrasound, so appears lungs are up and running. I built the cosleeper today and adjusted the car seat last night, so it's like... come the fuck out, man.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards