Chit Chat
Options

Faith in Humanity

I used to always see things in the facebook newsfeed (or hear things in person, or wherever) that were super negative in regards to "the world today"; that the world has gone to shit, there are no nice people out there, etc. So I used to post positive news stories I would come across with the subject "Faith in Humanity" (sometimes I still do, because positive news stories are just awesome, but I don't get on facebook much anymore).

I just randomly came across the sweetest story on buzzfeed and it totally made me cry! I LOVE reading stuff like this: 

Basically, a mom invited her 6yr old son's class over for his birthday and no one showed up. Just to tug at your heartstrings even more, the little boy has mild autism and epilepsy. The mom vented in a facebook group, and then a bunch of kids and their parents came to the house to celebrate the boy's birthday with him, along with a bunch of firefighters and police officers, with gifts! It's just so cute. And the fact that people came across the story and cared enough to take the time to go make this kid's day just proves that the world has not entirely gone to shit just yet ;) 

Re: Faith in Humanity

• Options
    What a great story! Thanks for sharing.

I just can't believe that not a single parent of the boy's classmates thought that they should bring their child to his party, even for a little while. And it's also nice to see a positive story about law enforcement too.

• Options
    kikilamp said:
    What a great story! Thanks for sharing.

I just can't believe that not a single parent of the boy's classmates thought that they should bring their child to his party, even for a little while. And it's also nice to see a positive story about law enforcement too.

And how adorable are the photos?! It's just so cute. I love the one with the kid sitting on the police motorcycle. I'm sure that's a memory he's gonna love for the rest of his life. 

I also can't believe none of his classmates bothered to show. What kid doesn't love a party? Cake and ice cream, come on! 
  • Options
    I saw that too and thought how is it possible no one came?! I think there was a similar story a few months ago, so sad
  • Options
    I saw this and it made me tear up twice.  Once because I was so sad for this little boy - shame on the other parents for not having their kids go initially.  And, of course, I cried again when everyone showed up and restored my faith in humanity.  The pictures of the kid on the police motorcycle and stuff is SO cute!
  • Options
    dcbride86 said:
    I saw this and it made me tear up twice.  Once because I was so sad for this little boy - shame on the other parents for not having their kids go initially.  And, of course, I cried again when everyone showed up and restored my faith in humanity.  The pictures of the kid on the police motorcycle and stuff is SO cute!
    I know, the story starts out so heart breaking and then ends up so adorable and so sweet! 

I hope the original guest list that didn't show up saw all the photos and were jealous of how fun it turned out! 
  • Options
    i didnt open this link but saw it on facebook. i cried because i know how it feels to plan something and no one show up. what these people did is amazing and this kid will never forget about it. i wish more people were like this. 

• Options
    mrsk616 said:
    i didnt open this link but saw it on facebook. i cried because i know how it feels to plan something and no one show up. what these people did is amazing and this kid will never forget about it. i wish more people were like this. 

Did you see the photos on facebook? If not, I recommend clicking just to look through them. It's the best part! :) 
  • Options
    larrygagalarrygaga member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2015
    I can't even imagine skipping out on a birthday party as a kid. I would have been DEVASTATED no matter who the party was for.  My parents would use the party as bait to get me act like an angel, although I don't think they would ever have told me I couldn't go. 

I'll keep that story in mind for any party my future possible kids are invited to. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards