Flowers
Options

Floral Design and wedding coordinator

Is it a bad idea to hire one person as day of wedding coordinator and have them do floral arrangements? 
She is so on point and personable and her flower designs are great. But not sure if hiring her to do both is a bad idea? Is it better to hire two different people?

Re: Floral Design and wedding coordinator

• Options
    Is there a reason why you aren't having your florist do the arrangements? Or are you purchasing the florals yourself and trying to find someone who can coordinate putting them together?

A day of wedding coordinator is super helpful just as a general rule, but I depended on my florist for all of the floral decor.

• Options
    I've heard of a number of wedding vendors around here that offer DOC services in addition to their "main" business (including the caterer we're using) so it's not terribly uncommon. Does this person provide all of your arrangements and bouquets? Does she source the flowers or would you have to do that? Does she have a portfolio and references? I'm guessing she may have less formal training than a full-time florist, but that isn't necessarily a problem if you like her work. I don't see any problem with it, just make sure you ask her all the questions that you would ask a florist before signing a contract.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    A DOC is the point person for all vendors on your wedding day.  They make sure that things are delivered and set up as contracted.  And also deal with any hiccups or issues that may arise.  Do you really want this person to be distracted from all of that because they are having to make your floral arrangements too?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards