June 2015 Weddings

Invitations have been sent!

Just went to the post office yesterday and handed them over. Instantly was an oh my goodness this is real feeling! We have a lot of out of town (across the country) guests and the area we are getting married is a busy tourist summer season that starts around May long weekend. We wanted to give plenty of notice.

Anyone else sent theirs out?

Re: Invitations have been sent!

• OMG this has completely freaked me out and now I feel behind. 
  • haleyk620haleyk620 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited February 2015
    Wow! You are ahead of the game. We won't be sending ours out until the end of April! But I need to start addressing them as it will take me some time to get through them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just got my invitations 3 days ago. I started assembling them and I still need two more components before I can send them out. My goal is to start sending them out on Tuesday.
  • My wedding countdown has a pretty detailed calendar of to do's so I have just been following along. Trying to stay a few weeks ahead of it. I have a bunch of things done that are far ahead. I am doing everything a bit early to make room for any issues that may crop up and to hopefully spend lots of time with family and friends who will be visiting.

I am a bit of a crazy planner in general I love being organized.

• I am almost done collecting guests' addresses, but I have already handed the invitations over to my mom (who volunteered to do calligraphy for them), so she can start with writing our return addresses on the backs of the envelopes.

But I don't think we will be sending them out for another month or so, at the earliest (lots of out-of-towners and international guests, so we want to send early). Which reminds me that we still need to finish putting our wedding website together before we send them out...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I sent mine out today! Mission accomplished.
  • We sent the STDs in January and are waiting until the end of April to send out the invitations.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've had our invitations in our possession since Mid December  (ordered them from Minted on Black Friday). They are all pre-addressed, but we still need to assemble everything. Probably will bring them to the post office Mid April? That will be 8 weeks out, and we have a lot of people traveling long distances to get to us, so that should give time to make arrangements.

*I do know that some people have already made hotel/flight reservations, so that's kind of a huge relief!*
  • To each their own; 

but you really should wait until 6-8 weeks befor the wedding to send invites. 
    Sending them so early doesn't really do any good... Most people (other than your VIPs) aren't able to commit this early, or they forget to fill out the response card because "we have so much time before the wedding"
    I think my plan is to send invites early to all VIPs (especially family, who are all already asking why I have not sent them yet), and then wait until 8 weeks out to send the remainder. That way my family will stop hounding me, but everyone else won't be sitting on their invitations for 3 months.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • To each their own; 

Sending them so early doesn't really do any good... Most people (other than your VIPs) aren't able to commit this early, or they forget to fill out the response card because "we have so much time before the wedding"
    I think my plan is to send invites early to all VIPs (especially family, who are all already asking why I have not sent them yet), and then wait until 8 weeks out to send the remainder. That way my family will stop hounding me, but everyone else won't be sitting on their invitations for 3 months.
    You could just send STDs if you're really worried. Mailing your invites in waves suggests B-listing (as in, if people from the first round say they can't come, you can send more invites the second round.) This could be confusing or hurtful to your guests (i.e. Sally got an invitation in March but I didn't get one until May, why am I not as important as Sally?)
  • To each their own; 

You could just send STDs if you're really worried. Mailing your invites in waves suggests B-listing (as in, if people from the first round say they can't come, you can send more invites the second round.) This could be confusing or hurtful to your guests (i.e. Sally got an invitation in March but I didn't get one until May, why am I not as important as Sally?)

Meh, I am honestly not that concerned it. I have already sent a save the date email (personalized to each guest) and/or phone call to everyone we're inviting. Considering my family and friends have zero contact with each other, hurt feelings are highly unlikely. Besides, I am talking about a 2-3 week window, not two months.

TO BE CLEAR: I am not B-Listing. All invites will be addressed by mid-March, but I am sending the family their invitations earlier simply because I have had so many family members ask why we have not send the actual invitations yet (despite my best efforts to explain normal invitation timelines to them, they don't get it and want them NOW). How family members RSVP will have exactly zero bearing on the rest of the invitations; the guest list is set, there will be no additions at this point.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • To each their own; 

june ladies, take note. way too early to send out invites. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• sdo1010sdo1010 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited February 2015
    I'm sending mine out April 1st, Need all to reply by May 15th, Deadline for Vendor is May 22nd, My wedding is June 5th.....I think that is a good timeline for ME! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards