Wedding Etiquette Forum

how to word shower invite (hosted by)

glenbride09glenbride09 member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited February 2015 in Wedding Etiquette Forum

Shower for 30 ppl, held at the home of the brides soon to be sister in law (she is not in the bridal party).

This person will be getting her house ready and either paying for the food or splitting it with bridal party (still to be determined but I think she wanted to do the food herself) bridal party is covering cost of everything else: bar, favors, décor, invites etc  (there are 8 BM's)

which option do I include on the invite

1) list the home address and "hosted by family and friends"

2) List "at the home of Jane Doe, hosted by family and friends"

3) on separate enclosure that covers directions/parking state the shower is at Jane Doe's home

4) list at Jane Doe's home but don't list a host at all

thanks for the help!

Re: how to word shower invite (hosted by)

• Option 4.
    *********************************************************************************

• I would list all of the hosts by name who could be contacted in case of questions. Paying doesn't equal hosting, but if all the bridesmaids and the FSIL are all considered hosts (FSIL definitely should be, from the sounds of it), they should all be named. Not all her family and friends. 

Whenever I get an invitation without a host, it looks like the honoree is hosting themselves and that rubs me the wrong way.

• I would at least have names and contact information if people have questions. I hate getting an invite and a phone number to RSVP and I have no idea who I'm calling.
  • Either 2 or 4. I agree, give people a name for the RSVP number.

If I were going to someone's home, I also like to know whose house it is. 
  • edited February 2015

I would write

Hosted by Jane, Sally and Mary

At the Doe home

Address

• Certainly someone has to be issuing the invitations. You may as well be clear about it. The only time you can be circumspect about that is when the guests of honor are hosting.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards