July 2013 Weddings

July 5, 2013

omg I'm so excited I found this board!! I'm the only one of my friends getting married in 2013 and I'm totally clueless on timing! I got a venue though:) cant wait to hear everyones planning !

Re: July 5, 2013

• We are contemplating July 5 as well! I'm still a little weary about having it so close to the holiday, but I also think it might make travel for out of town guests easier. Have any of you gotten feedback on this?
  • edited February 2012
    WalkersFurMama,

We were worried about having it close to the holiday too but all the feedback we got was positive! Friday weddings are cheaper, no one is working on the 4th so guests won't have to take days off- it's a long weekend.  The only thing we are keeping an eye out for is flights and hotel.  The hotel close to our venue told us if we book early enough, we will be fine with pricing.  Definitely look into hotels and transportation because it will be convenient for all of your guests :) We are totally considering having a bbq relaxed rehearsal dinner on the 4th.

Any ladies look into dresses yet? Can't believe we can officially say it's next year!!
  • FI and I are thinking about July 6, 2013.  The 4th of July has always been very special for us so it would be great to incorporate it.  I also thought it would be so cool to have a rehearsal dinner on the 4th but FI swears him getting off of work that day is impossible and it is very possible for him to be called in for overtime that day.  I'd like to see if he requested it early, like nowish, if they'd give him the time, but he's adament.  I think I may just plan a party for friends and family, that way, if he does get called in, he's not missing the rehearsal dinner, and if he doesn't, he's able to party.  Also really hoping to incorporate fireworks without paying $18,000+. 
  • Yay! 7/5/13!

We will have a small wedding. The venue was about $500 cheaper due to Friday and I am finding everyone say that no Fridays have been booked for 2013 in our area yet, which is sweet. I hope the price and availability continues to work in our favor. 

Feedback from family has been good overall about the date. We have started to tell family so that they are aware, but I will send the STD's in lieu of Chirstmas cards this year. 

Excited!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • bjg21bjg21 member
    First Comment
    I'm getting married July 5th 2013 as well! seems to be a popular day!
  • We are getting married on July 5, 2013, in Hurst ,TX. We confirmed our venue 3-weeks ago. I was extremely worried about getting married this weekend and we live in TX but much of our family will be traveling from out of state. We have gotten some great feedback since we began planning so early. We planned for 125 attendees but I'm sure we are going to end up having no more than 100 since there will be family members who will not want to travel for the holiday. We are asking our entire bridal party to be here no later than the evening of July 3rd. We are going to do the rehearsal dinner on the 4th of July, as a small BBQ and fireworks afterwards.

We've gotten some awesome rates on hotels and the airfare looks great right now too. We decided to send out our STD around the holidays, in place of our annnual Christmas card.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards