April 2015 Weddings

No children allowed causing a problem

My fiance and I do not want any children at our wedding. It is an adult event with close family and friends, around 125 guest. We indicated on our invitations "please respect our wishes of no children". My fiance's aunt is really upset that her grandson (age 2) is not being included in a family function. She isn't saying anything to myself or my fiance as of yet but just to my fiance's mother (her sister). This aunt is really putting a wedge between her sister and her about this issue. How can I politely explain to her that I'm not changing my decision to have children at my wedding?

Re: No children allowed causing a problem

• It was pretty rude to put "no children" on your invites. I too am having a child-free wedding. I addressed my invites specifically to the parents and all parents who were wondering have politely asked if they're kids were invited, we politely explain no, and no problems have occurred. It could be your delivery that upset her more than the fact that the kid isn't invited. At this point all you can do is stick to your guns but I doubt anything you say will fix the damage caused.
  • It was pretty rude to put "no children" on your invites. I too am having a child-free wedding. I addressed my invites specifically to the parents and all parents who were wondering have politely asked if they're kids were invited, we politely explain no, and no problems have occurred. It could be your delivery that upset her more than the fact that the kid isn't invited. At this point all you can do is stick to your guns but I doubt anything you say will fix the damage caused.
    This is the correct way for a no-children wedding. It is very rude to write "no children" on the invite. The invite only indicates people who ARE invited. If the kid's name isn't on the invite - kid is not invited and the parent should ask if that's somehow not clear to them.
  • I don't know why people get so weird about "no children" allowed! Its YOUR wedding and you can make the decision! We are only allowing my fiances daughter, niece and the other flower girl to attend the wedding and reception (all 3 little girls are in the wedding) We are inviting people who have children and our best man and maid of honor both have children who won't be in attendance. We simply hope that our guest respect our wishes, I personally don't think you were wrong for not wanting to have children attend its your day and your money! 
    And if your fiances Aunt is so upset that's her problem not yours. 
  • @runsonveggies Funny enough, last night our Best Man (my fiance's cousin) tried to get an attitude about his kids not be allowed at the wedding. Smh! He RSVP'd for him and his wife and added the kids....sigh. So ready to get married! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards