Iowa-Des Moines

Alterations???

Hey girls! I got my dress from David's Bridal here in Des Moines and am wondering if any of you know how good there work is for alterations??? Are they expensive? I don't know if I should have my alterations done there or somewhere else.
Anyone know of somewhere else in DM area that can do wedding dresses?
THANK YOU!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Alterations???

• edited December 2011
    I got my dress from Harts Bridal in Osceola.  She does alterations there and does a WONDERFUL job doing it.  I would never recommend anybody else.  :)
  • jennfelsenjennfelsen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress in Perry at the Bridal Boutique and they did awesome alterations.  My dress fits perfectly and it wasn't too expensive!
  • edited December 2011
    I am visiting a private alterations gal on Friday.  She's located just East of Grimes on 100th.  I will post how it went afterwards.  I'm having her hem a couple items and getting a quote on having my gown shortened and bustled.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info so far! I would love to hear how it goes Soon2BeMrsFink! 
  • EJPintEJPint member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I would leery about DB for alterations.  Can't really say why, I just would.  They may be fine.  I went to Keepsake Sewing, she's kind of out of the way, but all of my alterations (bustle, hem and remaking the tulle from my mother's veil) were less than $70 and were really great.  She's located in Otley, east of Des Moines.

http://www.iowatelecom.net/~Pigsew/Keepsakesewing/
    Natural m/c 8/31/12 at 11 wks BFP #2 - Due August 16!
  • edited December 2011
    I can say that I've seen a lot of David's alteration work, well, the Des Moines alteration depart. work, I should clarify.

They do a great job but they work only with DB's gowns and kn ow them inside out. 

With that said, if you do not/did not get your gown from DB, they will not perform alterations on your dress.  However, if you did get your gown from them I wouldn't be leary at all to take my gown there.
  • edited December 2011
    I did get my dress there. I have heard from a couple people that they are way overpriced and don't do that great of a job. Isn't it confusing when different people say different things??? I guess I will figure it out sometime :) Thanks!
  • aba7923aba7923 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I would highly recommend Jude Dickson. She does all the alterations for Weddings By Design, and also has her own studio. She is located in Urbandale.

• edited December 2011
    If I remember correctly...the first alteration is included but after that there is a charge. Schedule EARLY! I am getting married in September and I thought the lady was going ot have a heart attack!
  • Hi! 
    I'm leaving a review for Jude Dixon. She works out of Wedding by Design but also has her own studio. She did a great job on my dress which would not zip all the way and there was no extra fabric to work with..she took fabric from the bottom and made it fit like a glove. I highly recommend her.
  • I have used KN Custom Sewing out of Boone. She has altered several BM Dresses for me. She has her own shop and works through Pure Bridal in Ames. She is willing to meet at both locations.

I bought my dress at Pure Bridal in Ames. Even if i didnt, id have KN do my alterations. She does great work and its a quick turn around.

PS. she also puts in bra cups so you dont have to wear a bra. They are amazing and totally worth it.

• mirbryant - Do you have contact information for Jude Dixon that doesn't require going though Weddings by Design?

Thanks!

• mirbryant - Could I get Jude's contact information as well?

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards