Florida-South Florida

affordable venues

Hi there! Are there any affordable venues in the West Palm Beach Area (Boca Raton to Palm Beach Gardens) to have a wedding reception. We will be getting married in December of 2015, and I know there are lots of venues out there but I can't seem to find an affordable venue that lets you have outside catering. We have about 140 people. We don't have a set date but are thinking about NYE. Thanks in advance.

Re: affordable venues

• Sorry but I don't think you can say "affordable" and "NYE" in the same sentence.  I am not at all familiar with Palm Beach, but you might start calling the area parks, civic centers, and recreation centers.  Does the Morikami Museum do parties?
  • Morikami does do weddings, and that was my dream venue. But just too far outside of my price range since they don't allow outside catering. But if you let them do everything and rent out the tables/chairs/linens from them, it seems you can have quite a nice wedding for around $15K (for roughly 100 ppl).
  • What if you work backwards?  Call some catering companies and ask them where they have been successful in bringing food and which venues they found were the nicest and easiest to work with. I know it's not really nice to take up somebody's time under false pretenses, but you never know, you may accidentally hit a great caterer at a better price.
  • Check out the Spanish River Library in Boca, not sure of their pricing for NYE but otherwise they are reasonable. Remember that pretty much every venue and other vedor will charge more for holidays, including NYE.
  • You could check out the VILLAGE GOLF CLUB  in royal palm. They allow outside catering just not beverages.
  • @mmdorius theres the spanish river library and the theres also the old school square house. its pretty inside, both allow outside vendors. .  then there is also a glass house (don't know the name) but its next to bradley's in clematis, west palm. its just a 1 story building with all glass windows that looks onto the water towards the expensive houses... i looked it up once and the venue fee was like $900 and you bring your own vendors... best of luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards