Wedding Party

Ideas for an uneven bridal party walking formation

If all of the girls I asked to be bridesmaids participate, (due to money, etc, I've given them the option to not be in the wedding party if they choose), I will have 5 bridesmaids. 
My fiance so far has only mentioned 3 groomsmen. 

I realize that sides don't have to be even, so...any thoughts on how they should walk in/exit?

I'm having my sister and my cousin be my matrons of honor, and the other three are bridesmaids...I was thinking about having my sister and cousin walk in on their own, and have both of them walk out with the Best man...but the other 3 girls with the last 2 guys I'm not 100% about.

Ideas? 
"I didn't fall in love with you. I walked into love with you, with my eyes wide open, choosing to take every step along the way." ~Kiersten White

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ideas for an uneven bridal party walking formation

• We have an uneven bridal party. We're having the guys come in and stand at the front. The girls will walk one-by-one down the aisle. 

When they leave, we may have the best man walk out alone and then everyone else go in pairs (6 groomsmen and 5 bridesmaids). Or have 2 guys walk with 1 of the girls and then everyone else will be in pairs. No big deal. 

You could do that or have them walk one-by-one. Or alternate: BM, then GM, then BM etc. There's no right or wrong way to do it, so you have lots of options. 
  • We've got 7 girls and 5 guys - the BM is going to walk up with my FI, my MOH is going to walk alone, and then we're going to have two girls walk together, then two guys, so on and so forth until everyone is at the front!

We also have a plan B (one of our groomsman might not be fitted in time) where the MOH and BM do the same thing, but then there are two girls walking with every guy. 
    So many options - have fun playing around with it!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Cool, thanks.  
    :D  
    Our whole party is pretty goofy, so they might play off the "two girls with one guy" thing in an awesome and funny manner.  

Its going to be pretty informal anyway.  :)  
    "I didn't fall in love with you. I walked into love with you, with my eyes wide open, choosing to take every step along the way." ~Kiersten White

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would have all the guys come in from the side and up at the alter before the procession begins.  Then have your girls walk down the aisle.

On the way back up the aisle, have your two MOHs walk up with the BM.  Then you can have 2 girls paired up with one GM and then one girl paired with the last GM.

• We have an uneven bridal party number also.  I have 4 girls and he has 5 groomsman.  For the processional we are just having everyone walk alone.  Groomsman, best man, bridesmaids, matron of honor.  For the recessional I am putting MOH with BM, then just go down the line with BM and GM until the last bridesmaid goes with two groomsman.  You can do the same thing for the entrance into the reception.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We had 5 BMs and 3 GM for our wedding.  The GM started at the front with H and BMs processed in one at a time by themselves.  For the processional, Each GM walked 1 BM and the last 2 BMs walked out next to each other.  The same went for our WP introductions at the reception.  Those last two BMs were BFFs, so I knew they would have a blast with it just being them.
  • Our bridal party was super weird but pretty awesome. 

I had a man of honor, 3 female bridesmaids and a male bridesmaid.
    DH had 4 GM and his BM couldn't make the wedding so he was there in spirit.

So my male bridesmaid walked in with one GM (which got some looks from DHs conservative family, but screw their judgy-ness. They looked awesome.), then the girls walked in with a GM each. The my MOH walked in solo.

• I love it!  
    Of course, we talked last night, and now he's considering asking another groomsman or two, but however many we end up with, you guys have given me some great ideas. :)  

Thank you all so much. :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We have 6 girls & 7 guys. Going down the aisle the best man will be walking up with my fiance & the maid of honor will be walking alone, then we will have 1 bridesmaid walk down with 2 guys. On the way back up we're going to have one of the groomsman walk with my mom (she's walking me down the aisle).

I was in a wedding last year where there were 9 girls and 6 guys. They had the girls walk down the aisle 2 at a time (moh walked alone) and the guys were at the front already. On the way back there were a few sets of 2 girls and 1 guy walking together. So there are plenty of ways to make it work!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards