Hawaii

Maui Make-up Artist

Hey Ladies,

i'm 6 months out from our wedding date so starting to look at make up artists.  I find this a bit overwhelming not being able to meet the person ahead of time/do a trial before booking as it's pretty hard to get an idea of their work via websites etc (or at least that's what i'm finding).

I don't wear much make-up......most days I don't wear any...so I don't want someone who is going to really cake it on.  I've had great experiences with getting my make up done and some where all I wanted to do was wash my face all day...and I really don't want to be feeling like that on my wedding day.

Looking for advise on how to choose an artist or any recommendations that you have.

thanks ladies.  

ps - i really appreciate the ladies on this board....everyone is really friendly and helpful.  I find ladies on other boards extremely catty and judgemental.  yay for chill Hawaii brides! :) 

Re: Maui Make-up Artist

• I had a hard time trying to make this decision. I emailed several hair and makeup artists that have been mentioned on this board and finally decided on Maui Makeup Artistry (http://www.mauimakeupartistry.com/). They were always quick to answer my emails and I spoke on the phone with Liz the owner. Their prices seemed to be on par with what I was seeing so I decided to go with them. They were amazing and I even did a trial with them a few days before the wedding and everything went perfectly! 
  • thanks so much! they are one I have been looking at as well.  Glad you were happy with them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards