Wedding Invitations & Paper

Online and Paper RSVPs?

I've heard pretty good things about online RSVPs but I do have paper RSVPs with invites.  I'm worried some of the older guests won't be comfortable with RSVP'ing online so I"m wondering if it'd be too confusing to have some RSVP online and some RSVP on paper.  Thoughts? Experiences?

Re: Online and Paper RSVPs?

• I've heard pretty good things about online RSVPs but I do have paper RSVPs with invites.  I'm worried some of the older guests won't be comfortable with RSVP'ing online so I"m wondering if it'd be too confusing to have some RSVP online and some RSVP on paper.  Thoughts? Experiences?

Whatever you do, DO NOT use The Knot's online tools. We see brides around here all the time having massive issues with their RSVPs.

I'm in my 20s and I much prefer paper RSVPs. I write my name, check a box, and dump it back in the mail. Much easier for me as well as for less internet savvy folks. And if you're having a formal wedding, definitely do paper.

• I agree with manateehugger.  I prefer paper RSVPs over online.  Paper just makes your wedding feel like a special event rather then a random party you are planning.

• I don't like the idea of doing some paper RSVPs and the others electronic. I say this because if you decide that Aunt Mary should have a paper RSVP because she's older, and then cousin Beth asks Aunt Mary if she RSVP'd online yet, Aunt Mary is going to figure out that you think she's not capable of RSVP'ing online, and cousin Beth will wonder if she is missing her paper RSVP because Aunt Mary received one. Aunt Mary might be offended that you think she's too old for computers and cousin Beth might call you wondering where her paper RSVP card is.

This is obvioulsy an extreme case that might not even happen, but I do think it's important to stay consistent. And for what it's worth, I like paper RSVPs. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Makes sense!  Thanks fellow knotties! Problem solved.
  • I am sending each invite with a paper RSVP with an option to RSVP online on the insert card. I know some people who would love to RSVP online because of the convience for them but others who don't even own a computer to RSVP with the physical option.
    11/21/2012 - Chapter 1: The Text
    10/23/2014 - Chapter 2: The Proposal
    11/21/2015 - Chapter 3: The Wedding

Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards