Flowers

Pink in October?

Okay so this is more of an overall wedding color scheme question rather than an exclusive flower question… but it mostly affects the flowers so I thought I'd post it here! My wedding is in October 2015, and I'm really having a hard time settling on a color scheme. I'm a total girly girl and I just love the idea of a pink wedding. My venue lends itself beautifully to a gold accent color. So we are set will pink (on the lighter side) and gold (I'm thinking a really soft, gilded gold shade). 

My worry is that the pastel, light tones will look too Springy for my Fall wedding. Can anyone recommend maybe another shade to round out the pink and gold to make it work for Fall? Thanks!!

Re: Pink in October?

• Don't worry about the season when choosing your color scheme.  Just because your wedding is in the fall doesn't mean that you need to incorporate the season into your wedding plans.  Your wedding is a whole separate being from the current season.  I don't think anyone ever thinks "oh well this color scheme does not go with the current month/season" when they attend a wedding.  So use the colors you love and forget about the rest.

IMO, I prefer a wedding that doesn't scream a particular season.  Like if a wedding was set in December and it went with a jewel toned color scheme of purples and fuchsias and royal blues instead of the typical "christmas/holiday" theme.  It is a nice change of pace from what you usually see on a daily basis.

• I agree with Maggie, your colours don't have to "match" the season by any means.

However, if you're worried that a light pink will look out of place, why not add in a nice berry or amethyst purple? Gold is a great metallic for any season, and adding a deep purple colour along with your light pink might give your palette some depth and make it feel a bit more fall-like without abandoning your favourite colour.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I have no issues with a pink wedding in the fall.  Pink works with any season I think. 

• cafarriecafarrie member
    First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited October 2014
    My first thought was to use flowers that are a darker/richer shade of berry.  I love pink for weddings, and think that this would lend itself very well to a fall wedding if you'r worried about your current scheme looking too springy (it wouldn't anyway, IMO)

You could also do an array of fall colors (reds, oranges, greenery) brides of adelaide magazine - bridesmaid style - pink bridesmaid - bridesmaid hair - bridal bouquet

Fall Wedding Bouquet - THESE COLORS!!! Gorgeous!  Screw getting married I just want this bouquet!!  lol

I think flowers like that would look gorgeous with muted blush and gold tones :) 

ETA: sorry for the gigantic pictures. 
  • If you live in the South, I wouldn't give it another thought!  Even though pumpkins and fall leaves go with the season, they can feel strange in 90 degree weather too! 

That said, I'm getting married in December and my colors are pale pink and gold.  The bridesmaids didn't want to wear a pale color when they would be pale though...so they are wearing navy and will have pink flowers and accessories.   I say anything goes!
  • I'm also getting married in October (in Dallas so it will still be warm), but my flowers include blush ranunculus and other things like that. It's going to include some dusty miller or bay leaves and greenery as well in a look that is probably more spring than fall, but honestly it's all about personal preference. Also my vases will be gold compote so I am completely with you on the pink and gold :) I was actually planning on using the gold to bring in more of the fall theme than any other color. I'm just not drawn to the dark colors traditionally associated with fall. If you aren't either, don't worry about it and pick the colors that make you happiest
  • Maybe purple:
    Or oranges:
    Some greenery mixed in:
    Red:

• I love these examples! They are amazing
  • Would you consider a darker pink (more rose pink instead of blush) as your primary color?  That might help you avoid the "spring" look while still getting a pink wedding.  I also like the idea of mixing in darker berry/wine/purple colors.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Thanks everyone for the great input and ideas! 
  • I think if you stay away from tuilips & daffidols, it won't scream spring.
  • Don't worry too much about the colors but put alittle darker color in with it. My colors are black and a darker red in July but put white with it.

• While I love pink, I would give this a serious thought in October. October is breast cancer awareness month and I totally put those two together.

I would suggest touches of pink but not pink all over. Though, in my circle and town there are a lot of galas and dinners for breast cancer awareness. 

imageimage

• Another vote for not letting the fall season dictate your choice of colours. DH and I were married June 7th, and our colours were royal purple, grey, and silver. Definitively not your typically late spring/early summer wedding colours, but we didn't care. If you and your FI are happy with pink then go for it!
  • I see you are doing a pink and gold wedding color scheme. I am selling my brand new rosette overlays in pink if interested. Selling for $29.99 each size 84' by 84' 
  • I don't think you can go wrong, especially as fall is a season bursting with color. Honestly when I saw your post I immediately thought "Oooooh! That will be SO pretty!" I can envision the pink and gold complimenting the vibrant autumn colors perfectly! :) 
  • I got married in October and I don't really like classic fall colors, so I stuck with more of a pastel color scheme, but we are in CA and it was still in the 90s for my wedding, so maybe take my input with a grain of salt.
  • My wedding is also in October and I wanted a fall theme without using the traditional fall colors. I actually originally wanted to go with blush pink dresses, but decided that it wouldn't be flattering on everyone so I, too, am going with navy dresses. So to still use the blush I wanted, I'm going with these flowers, or something similar with the creams, golds, light pink and a pop of navy. I'm also using white pumpkins and branches in vases as my centerpieces to tie in the fall theme. Like everyone else has said, if you want pink, go with pink! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hutchslhutchsl member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2015

My wedding was in October and I had pink and fushia.Do what makes you happy. It is your wedding.image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards