Florida-West Coast
Options

Alternatives to catering companies?

Hey everyone! I'm so over these catering companies trying to price gouge. I don't want the normal wedding. I don't want to spend as much money as a "normal wedding" on something that is NOT a "normal wedding." This is a low key, dress up party at best. These $18k weddings that don't give me what I want, and vendors not listening to me is REALLY starting to piss me off!!!

Here's an idea of my dream wedding in pictured of other people's weddings (lol):

1. Mostly couches for socializing with a few tables in the back for convenience. CHECK! I HAVE A DECORATOR FOR THIS! AND A VENUE!

2. "Mini" style cocktail reception.

None of that "sit down at this table, in this seat, at this time, with these people you don't know, and don't move. Eat this food that was chosen 6 months ago. Watch other people get theirs first."

The caterers I'm finding are outrageous. $3000 to do this with 10 foods to feed 40 people. Charging more than sit down dinners but only providing 1/4 the food.

I want Mac & Cheese, Bruchetta, 3 shrimp with cocktail sauce at the bottom, celery & broccoli with ranch at the bottom, chips, pita bread with hummus at the bottom, fruit, zucchini fries, and random snack foods. All in those little, clear, disposable plastic cups. On a table. The end.

Where can I hire a chef to put some mac & cheese in a clear plastic cup & put it on a table? That's really all I want! I've literally priced out ALL of these items and the materials (food, cups, napkins, little forks & little plates) and it would only cost me $300 to do it myself.
I know I can't do it myself, but I also don't think it warrants $2700 in labor!

P.S. The venue has a full commercial kitchen and provides the wait staff. All included. I don't even need these catering companies to have staff to buss empty items!

Re: Alternatives to catering companies?

• Options
    M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I would  suggest maybe getting catering from your favorite restaurant and getting waitstaff. Honestly the charges are also for the labor that goes into it and presentations.
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards