New Jersey
Options

Hotel blocks

Any reviews on using the Parsippany Hilton for your hotel? Blocked at the Sheraton Parsippany but they have been rude and incompetent so thinking of changing hotels.

Re: Hotel blocks

• Options
    majesty318majesty318 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited March 2015

We visited that hotel for our block but it had only just started being renovated. The lobby was gorgeous; the rooms were NOT. I am not sure how far they have gotten with their renovations but I would check into that first.

However, we ended up using the Holiday Inn Parsippany and they were fantastic. I called the contact constantly adding rooms/ changing names/ etc. and she was a pleasure to deal with. Breakfast is included for all rooms and the rates were really reasonable. Plus Pure Lounge is in the hotel so we were able to keep partying with our guests after the reception was over. And just BTW I am super mega picky with hotels but was very pleased.

• Options
    We are using the Sheraton in Parsippany and they were very helpful.  
    The Hilton is 2 hotels so you can do either the Hilton or Hampton inn.  The young lady we spoke to there was very helpful but I just wasn't crazy about how far the place was from our location.  But look at both hotels because at Hampton Inn breakfast is included for your guests
  • Options
    I live in Parsippany and my go-to hotel recommendation for out of town guests has always been the Holiday Inn Parsippany. The people are very friendly, accommodating and helpful. Pure Lounge has great food and drinks, too! My fiancé and I love going there for happy hour!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks all.  We found a comparable rate at the Hanover Marriott that includes a shuttle and that was very important. The Parsippany Hilton has a cheaper rate per room but would require us to contract for shuttle service on our own and for 45 rooms that would be so expensive! Jeannine12 glad you had a good experience at the Sheraton but it has been a nightmare for us.  Can't wait to fire them!!! 

• Options
    @gigi101211 I am very lucky that they have been good.  But the Hanover Marriott is a great hotel...and I have stayed there for 2 wedding and the shuttle service was on point both times.  Also they have very good breakfast.  And I agree with you having to do your own shuttle is very stressful in this process...you want that to be taken care for you and you just show up.
  • Options
    @gigi101211 I am also using the Sheraton Parsippany, and I used Kleinfeld room blocks and they did all the room block work for me at no charge, in the end they put me in contact with my contact at the Sheraton after the contract was signed. They were great to work with. Maybe you should give Kleinfeld room blocks a try!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards