Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

order invites or DIY?

Where are you ladies getting your invites?

Etsy?  DIY?  some website?

Vintage/Rustic wedding on a farm in September and just about to start invitation shopping. 

Thanks!

Re: order invites or DIY?

• Options
    I DIY'd my invites so I vote to order them.  Now I loved my invites but I would never put myself through that shit again.

If I were to do it all over again I would go through www.cardsandpockets.com  You can design your own but they will do all the pain in the ass work, like printing, cutting and even putting them together.

• Options
    THANK YOU!  I've not heard of that site.  I appreciate it and thanks for the input
  • Options
    Cards and Pockets is awesome and super inexpensive 
  • Options
    A lot of people I know use designs on sites like Minted, Wedding Paper Divas, or Vistaprint. Simple and not nearly as expensive as proper stores. 

I had a friend who completely DIY'd them, including having us bridesmaids tie on all the tiny ribbons on the top and stuff in confetti.  At that point, hassle greatly outweighs cost savings. 

My mom is an artist so she designed them with my guidance, and we printed them at an Office Depot. 

• Options
    I am planning on buying a printable design on Etsy and then addressing and mailing myself.  I'm not a bling/ribbons etc kind of girl so these are just nice and plain, and I could add a little color of something if I feel like it with maybe just a colored belly band or something.  I haven't decided if I'm going to print at home or do a print service.

Married 9.12.15
  • Options
    I DIY'd to some extent - I bought a template on Etsy and I bought pocketfolds from cards and pockets but did all printing, cutting, assembly myself and made my own belly band's.  If I were to do it again I would have them printed and cut for me (the template I used had a design on the enclosures that all lined up and had to be cut perfectly to look right, so it was a major pain!).   
  • Options
    I DIY'd, because I knew exactly what I wanted and a template wasn't going to match it.  Our invitations were standard envelope sized, so I printed out the wording on a sheet of 8.5x11 cardstock (one page was three invitations), did the painting I wanted, and then had them copied at a UPS store.  Cut, trim corners in a design (with special scissors), and glue to cardstock.  Easy peasy.
    **The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • Options
    I used Etsy for both my save the dates and my invitations. Bought envelopes from hobby lobby for the main outer envelope and then bought envelopes from a store called Paper Source for my rsvp envelopes.

These are the invitations that I went with then took to a local mom and pop copy shop: https://www.etsy.com/listing/199821251/printable-wedding-invitations?ref=favs_view_8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I've been thinking about doing a DIY, but I'm concerned about them looking cheap...
    "I didn't fall in love with you. I walked into love with you, with my eyes wide open, choosing to take every step along the way." ~Kiersten White

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I designed ours myself but I am having them printed and cut at a local print shop. Our printer at home isn't that great and I'm afraid the print quality won't be very good and my little scrap booking paper cutter doesn't cut very straight! I'd rather pay to have a professional do that part. I had already bought paper at Michael's to print them on so I have an appointment with the printing company today to make sure they won't have any problems printing on the paper I bought.
  • Options
    I designed my own save the dates and invitations. I'm also planning on doing all the design for my other paper products (e.g. programs, menus, welcome bag tags, etc.).

I'm using Cards and Pockets for the invitation printing and paper products. I just ordered my invitation proof, so I can't speak to the final product yet, but I am really happy so far. They are amazing because
    • Samples! They have so many samples (color swatches, samples of any envelopes, invitation paper, pockets) and so many color options. I was able to order a lot of products for less than $30 and play around with them at home until I found what I wanted.
    • Inexpensive! I am paying around $2.85 per invitation, which includes a pocket, inner and outer envelope, and two enclosures (details and RSVP). No other company even came close to matching that.
    • Customer service! Their print shop is very responsive to inquiries and followed up within a few hours of hearing from me (within business hours).
    I would highly recommend. Their products give a ton of room for customization. If you didn't want to design your own, you could probably buy a template on Etsy for the size paper they offer.
  • Options

I diy'd it. I found a nice invite online at party city. It was just a 5x7 card where I put the ceremony & reception info on it. The company that the invites were through provided free templates to help set everything up so that I was able to print the invites & rsvp cards very easily myself. They even had templates that allowed me to print up my RSVP envelopes and the envelopes for sending them out. So I didn't have to hand write anything or do labels. I did make my own business cards that had our website address on it for directions, hotel info, etc. The best part because we kept things simple it only cost me the price of a forever stamp to send each invite out ($.47 per invite - not counting stamp on RSVP envelope). My manager who got married 2 months before me, she went with professionally printed ones with lined envelopes and a heavy stock paper, it cost her $1.20 to send out each invite. You may think $.73 difference isn't bad, but if you are sending out 100 invites, that's a difference of $73.00 and if you are on a tight budget, that's a lot of extra money to spend on postage.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards