September 2015 Weddings

September 2015 Brides...what's your story?

2»

Re: September 2015 Brides...what's your story?

• CourtC77CourtC77 member
    First Answer First Comment Name Dropper 5 Love Its
    edited September 2014
    Hi ladies,

My name is Courtney, I'm 30 and I work as an underwriter for a commercial insurance carrier. My fiancé's name is Matt, he is 28 and works as a production manager for a workwear and textile service company. We both grew up in the same small suburb outside of Boston and attended the same schools and also the same college. Despite mingling in similar circles of friends, Matt and I never really became friends though somehow we were Facebook friends. One day I got a Facebook message from him asking me an insurance question since it was clear from my profile that's what I did for work. He inquired about switching insurance carriers and I didn't think anything of it and proceeded to just answer his question. He thanked me and I thought that was the end of it. The next day I got another message from him letting me know he was able to switch and thanked me again. Out of curiosity, I looked up his insurance information and he switched insurance two months ago to the company he just told me he switched to. Right then I knew that the insurance questions were just a guise to start a conversation which I thought was pretty clever and cute. We ended up exchanging a few more messages which then led to phone calls which then led to setting up a first date and the rest is sort of history!

We just got engaged this past weekend in Maine. We have known forever that we wanted to get married up in Maine as well (we live in Massachusetts) because that's where my fiancé has spent his summers as a kid and he just loves it up there. We are finalizing the date and venue this weekend but will for sure be in September. We're super excited to get this planning going and start this next chapter in our lives!
  • edited September 2014
    hi Everyone, I love reading all your stories.. something about a tale of love that is just so darn cute. I am a Canadian Bride as well. my name is Miriah and I am 25. My fiance, Dennis, is 27. We have been together for 7 years (got engaged in May) and our wedding is 8 years from our first date (Sept 12, 2015). We met when I was 18 and working at Rogers Video. He was one of my customers. :) he said he liked the way I danced around the store putting the movies away. Seems like forever ago. So excited for what is to come. I'm not gonna lie, wedding planning is not easy! but it will be so worth it. We are having the ceremony in my church (I am Catholic and it is very important to me and my family) and our reception is at a hall nearby. I wanted outside but the weather is just too unpredictable. we went from 30 degrees one day to 4 the next. ( i am Canadian so that is Celsius- i think that is 90F to 38F) so very nice to "meet" you all...happy planning!
  • hi Everyone, I love reading all your stories.. something about a tale of love that is just so darn cute. I am a Canadian Bride as well. my name is Miriah and I am 25. My fiance, Dennis, is 27. We have been together for 7 years (got engaged in May) and our wedding is 8 years from our first date (Sept 12, 2015). We met when I was 18 and working at Rogers Video. He was one of my customers. :) he said he liked the way I danced around the store putting the movies away. Seems like forever ago. So excited for what is to come. I'm not gonna lie, wedding planning is not easy! but it will be so worth it. We are having the ceremony in my church (I am Catholic and it is very important to me and my family) and our reception is at a hall nearby. I wanted outside but the weather is just too unpredictable. we went from 30 degrees one day to 4 the next. ( i am Canadian so that is Celsius- i think that is 90F to 38F) so very nice to "meet" you all...happy planning!
    I hear you on the unpredictable Canadian weather! I really wanted a backyard wedding ceremony at my parents acreage but I just can't even fathom predicting the weather! Last week it was below zero and snowing, and yesterday it was +30! Its crazy.
  • I agree about the Canadian weather. I'm in Ottawa and last Friday was our one year to the wedding and I went to go look at our outdoor venue just to get an idea of what the sunset would be like and if the leaves would have changed by then... it was actually a pretty warm day considering it was Canadian September but I was shivering. I don't know now if I should just cross my fingers or if I should be adding portable heaters to my rentals. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited September 2014
    @jennyleigh16.. apparently there are some companies that you can reserve heaters from that only require a small deposit and then you only pay full price if you end up needing them. Would be a good idea to have on standby. Or maybe find out if your venue has someone booked the prior/following weekend and maybe you can go half with her on buying some.
    or if your venue allows.. have a fire pit. then people can hang out around the fire when they are cold. would be a good social aspect and you can have smores stuff to make it fun.
  • Knottie62510579 I should look into a company that does that, thanks! My only problem is my ceremony venue doesn't have electricity, so I'd have to run a generator for the heaters and that can be pretty loud and obnoxious. I'm going to start looking into options though. I'd looove to have a fire pit but it's a municipal park that doesn't allow it. But my reception venue/ catering offers a smores buffet as a dessert option and I'm planning on that. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • *waves*
    Hi Ladies! I'm Jessica ,24 and currently a student. I will be Marrying my best friend Derrick 29 a technician for a major communications company on 9/12/2015. We've been together for about 3 years. We met 4 years ago at a party for a mutual friend. I can honestly say it was love at first sight. The night we met we actually left the party together and sat up in his car all night talking and watching the sunrise. Our bond has been tested a few times the biggest challenge being the loss of our 1st and only child due to miscarriage last year. I honestly don't know where I would be if he wasn't by my side through it all. Our relationship is built on friendship and trust and I can't explain the joy I felt when he asked me to be his wife this past Friday in front of all our friends and family. Our wedding will take place in a ball room of a country club in Pearland Texas.(venue booked before actual proposal) We wanted an outside wedding BUT the Texas heat and bugs are not allowing it. Lol. I look forward to this journey with you ladies and I'm sure we will get to know one another better through the joy of wedding planning.
  • kipper88kipper88 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2014

I'm Kristen.  I'm 26 and I work in Human Resources.  I also volunteer 2-4 hours a week at the local Humane Society. 

My fiance's name is Adam.  He's 32 and works in IT. 

We've been together for 8 years and own a house and two fur-babies together.  (kitties!) 

We met at a rock concert when I was 18 and he was close to 24 and immediately hit it off.  We started officially dating a week later and have been together ever since.  We share a passion for music and animals.  He's my best friend in every sense of the word.

Our wedding will be September 26, 2015 at a local golf club.  Outdoor ceremony with indoor/outdoor reception.

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• My name is Alexa and I'm a Canadian bride.  I'm 22 and I work for the provincial government.  My fiancé is 25 and works as a plumber.

We have been together for just over a year and bought a house together this past August.

We met at the end of December 2013 when I was getting out of a VERY unhealthy 4 year relationship and immediately hit it off.  We moved in to a rental house together after dating for 3 months and went through a really tough time financially together but now that we own our own home and have everything figured out we're doing great! :D

Our wedding will be at his parent's farm on September 5th, 2015 :)

• I love reading all of these love stories!  I am excited to share our story, because its ridiculous and funny, so I hope it makes you all laugh!

Hello everyone!  I'm Jordan!  I am 26 years old and I work as a Property Manager in Baton Rouge.  My fiance is Alex, he is 30 and he is a firefighter.  We are from New Orleans, but we moved out here a few years ago so that Alex could pursue his dream of becoming a fire fighter (New Orleans' dept rarely hires). 

We met almost five years ago.  I was 21 and had just broken up with my boyfriend at the time and I was depressed and moping around, so two of my friends dragged me out to this bar in an effort to cheer me up. I drank my feelings and got way too drunk.  Embarrassingly drunk.  It was awful and really unlike me.  I was the conductor of the hot mess express that night.
    Anywho, Alex was there and a mutual friend introduced us. 
    I knew right away
    that he was someone I would get along with very well.  Plus he is good looking, so that was a bonus. I knew I had to
    make my move, and that I had to be both suave and classy.  I said the first thing that came to mind:
    "its hot in here and I am sweating. My armpits probably smell really
    bad. Sorry."  Without hesitation, he lifted my arm and sniffed me, and
    assured me that I smelled fine. He said that that we would meet again at the end of the night for a "re-smell".  I guess he found that sweet pick up line to be endearing lol.  We spent that entire night
    dancing and laughing until the sun came up. The very next night we went
    on our first date and we have been together ever since! 

Our wedding is Sept. 26th in New Orleans.  The ceremony will take place at the Tree of Life (pictured)  and our reception is at an old concert hall. 

• @jordanmllr wins hahahahaha too funny
  • My name is Alexa and I'm a Canadian bride.  I'm 22 and I work for the provincial government.  My fiancé is 25 and works as a plumber.

We have been together for just over a year and bought a house together this past August.

We met at the end of December 2013 when I was getting out of a VERY unhealthy 4 year relationship and immediately hit it off.  We moved in to a rental house together after dating for 3 months and went through a really tough time financially together but now that we own our own home and have everything figured out we're doing great! :D

Our wedding will be at his parent's farm on September 5th, 2015 :)

Yay! A fellow Canadian!!! What province are you in?
  • @SoontobeMrsKlein I'm in Manitoba, 15 mins East of Winnipeg :) what part of BC are you in?
  • @SoontobeMrsKlein I'm in Manitoba, 15 mins East of Winnipeg :) what part of BC are you in?

Far north! haha North Peace Region.

But I'm orignally from the Edmonton Area, and thats where we will be getting married.
  • edited March 2015
    Hi!

My name is Amber (28) and my fiancee's name is Mark (30), we have known each other our entire lives. Our families are friends so my Mom met him when he was a baby and vice versa - very nice as we didn't have to do awkward introductions! We were both incredibly shy as kids and teens so we did't talk much until he asked me out when I was 18 and he was 19. He has a daughter named Lexi who will be 12 when we get married. She is a huge part of our lives and lives solely with us. We dated for a long time (9 years!) before we got engaged this past June. I wanted to finish college and get my MBA and we wanted to buy our dream home which we did 2 years ago. Mark proposed to me at Clearwater Beach in Florida after a perfect day of relaxing in the sun. He brought his Dad's metal detector down the beach - I teased him mercilessly that only old people bring metal detectors to the beach. Anyway I was digging where he told me to and he said "hey I found something!" I turned around and he was down on one knee with the ring. Well, he is a funny guy so I thought he actually found someone's jewelry and was teasing me! It took him a minute to convince me he was for real!!!! I was so shocked I asked him to do it again because I did it wrong!!! Then I asked if he really wanted to metal detect or if it was just part of the plan - he told he he had planned it and never wanted to metal detect again. I love our engagement story , it showcases our personalities perfectly! We are getting married 9/19/15 at Breitenbach Winery. One of our favorite local wineries. Can't wait to get some advice from you ladies, I have a lot done but these next 6 months will fly by! Congrats to you all!
  • tj&cwtj&cw member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Hi everyone! I loved reading your stories and now I feel old...haha. 
    My name is Theresa (44) and my FI Chris (42) have been together for a little over 4 years. It took me 40 years to find the love of my life but I knew that he was the right guy within a year. 

I am an Office Manager for a CPA firm CA, Chris works in the insurance industry and coaches soccer. He did an amazing job with our proposal...took me to the restaurant that we had our first date (amazing Mexican restaurant) it is an a house that is over 100 old. He "rented" out the porch area...and would only let me order a drink and appetizer thought he was being strange. But about 30 mins after we got there his soccer team (8 year old little boys) showed and handed me roses with the last little guy carrying my ring. It was amazing...the parent video taped and have a ton of photos. We even ended up on the local news channel. 

We just booked the restaurant for the rehearsal dinner =)

Our wedding is Sept 27th at 10:30 AM...we are getting married at a winery with everything being outside...Brunch, Bloody Mary and Bubble (mimosas and bellini ) bars, plus other stuff....I think some other crazy stuff. But I am so looking forward to all.

Again I loved reading everyone's stories!! Good luck with all your planning 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards