Wedding Party

How do I use these pastel colors?!

I am having a spring wedding, and I LOVE all these pastel color combos I'm seeing all over the internet! Blues, Purples, Pinks, Yellows, you name it! I almost wanna use EVERY single one (mostly because I cannot choose)! But I'm having problems figuring out how to use them. For instance, if I throw a bunch of random pastel colors everywhere, my wedding will look like a big ol' Easter basket, or a 3-year-old's birthday party...And my fiancee says he does NOT want those bright colors on his groomsmen, even as accents, because they simply look "too girly" (which, I can't help but agree that his particular groomsmen would look pretty silly in most of those colors).

So, I guess what I'm looking for is some pastel color combo suggestions, keeping the aforementioned problems in mind. What colors should the flowers, linens, bridesmaid dresses and groomsmen accents be all together?

Re: How do I use these pastel colors?!

• I'm using pastel/pale colors in my wedding! (which is in 42 days!) 

My advice is to use the colors sparingly. I had the same concern; that it would start to look like an Easter mess. We're using a lot of white and neutrals with little accents of gold, so that it's not so overwhelming with the color. 

I decided to stick to mostly pink for mine, but if you want to use multiple colors, incorporate them into your accessories (shoes, sash, jewelry), flowers, bridesmaids dresses, desserts, some decor, the napkins, and any other SMALL touches, but try to counterbalance it with something neutral. Here are some photos to help you out: 

• Um... At the end of the day this is about personal taste, but men do not look "girly" in pastel. Men wear light blue shirts in particular to work all the time. "Real men wear pink" or "salmon" as my husband would say. Heck, JCrew makes a killing on men wearing preppy pastels. And, ever been to Kentucky Derby?

I love the gray on the men in the picture above and think that's a great compromise for people who think their masculinity is threatened by a pastel wedding. I think deeply-saturated colors in the same color family are a great contrast to the pastels and would keep things balanced. Work in some tans and greys perhaps. 

• I'm also using pastels (very similar to the 1st picture from novella). Try picking a few that you really like first. Then, if you still want to add the others, you can do it sparingly in the flowers and other details. We mainly went with the pastel/minty green. Our flowers are light pink, peach, and white. We just sure to add some neutral color like gray, white, ivory, or nude to tone it down some.   
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards