Canada-Ontario

Venue Ideas - GTA

So I'm newly engaged and trying to figure out what venue to choose.  I want to do the ceremony & reception in one place. We are going to have around 130 people and trying to keep to a strict budget.  So getting married in the off season or on a Friday night are all options. My fiance is more traditional and I'm a bit more modern so trying to find a spot that will work for both of us

Has anyone had their wedding at Claireport Place or the Borgata? I'm open to other suggestions

Thanks!

Re: Venue Ideas - GTA

• Hello~ congratulations

I did a wedding mc at the Berkeley Chuch. Im not 100% sure if they do the ceremony as well.

Or you can contact the Distillery District (If youre budgets tight, Im not sure. Give them a call though). I know some rooms offer reception and ceremony.

Hope that helps =)

• Berkeley Church does ceremonies upstairs.
  • Not sure if Mississauga or Burlington is too far but you may want to look at Estate Venues. They have 2 locations
  • Airship 37 is pretty cool looking. I love Malaparte as well! My wedding is too big for any cool venue :(

If you're trying to save costs I would stick with one of the all inclusive venues, the traditional banquet halls or golf clubs as the costs will be be 1/3-1/2 cheaper.
  • Thanks for the tips everyone.

We started talking about doing getting married late spring/early summer so we could do it outdoors and we'd rather not get married at a downtown venue. So the venue search continues!
  • Not sure what your budget is, so here are some places I looked at when I was searching. You can google all of them :) hope this helps :)

McMichael museum- you can rent this place and then they have their preferred caterer list when I looked into it for 70 adults catering cost roughly $14, 000.00 plus the cost of the venue. 

Holland Marsh Winery- Really nice we fell in love with this place and really wanted to do it here but it did not work with our budget  might for you though!

Royal Ontario Museum- they never got back to me but they do weddings

Fort York- you would need your own caterer

Bata Shoe Museum

Kortright Centre- $135/person includes everything

Black Creek Pioneer Village

Casaloma

Water Stone estates

The Manor

The Distillery

The Eglington Grand

Miller Lash House

Estates of Sunny Brooke

University of Toronto
  • We just booked at The Doctor's House in Kleinburg. It's beautiful there. And you can do both on site.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow. Thanks ladies I will look into all of your suggestions

• We have booked Atlantis at Ontario Place. Great price for being in the city.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards