Wedding Invitations & Paper

RSVP Envelope Question

I have a return address stamp that we used for our save the dates (on the back of the envelope). In order to save us some time and money, we wanted to use that stamp on the rsvp envelopes but as the main mailing address. Has anyone done this? Is this post office friendly? We are worried about some of the rsvps getting lost in the mail.

Thanks!!

Re: RSVP Envelope Question

• mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    I think it depends on what the stamp looks like. Can you show us the site you ordered it from?
  • Sure! It's the customizable stamps from Paper Source, you can see it at the link below.

• mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    I would say yes but to be sure I'd ask the post office before doing all of them.
  • My daughter used a return address stamp on her RSVPs. There was no problem with the post office. Before you stamp your real invitations, do a test run. Stamp some envelopes and mail them to yourself.

• My daughter used a return address stamp on her RSVPs. There was no problem with the post office. Before you stamp your real invitations, do a test run. Stamp some envelopes and mail them to yourself.

This is a great idea... I was having the same dilemma... sure would be nice to use my custom stamp for the RSVP cards.
    Married 9.12.15
  • chloe97chloe97 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2015
    We got a stamp from Vistaprint with the intent to use it on our RSVP cards and I am not a huge fan of what it looks like. It may be that it's just a low quality stamp because it cost $8. You definitely want to try it out. Would anyone side-eye a printed label on the RVSP envelopes? Is that tacky?
  • Since it has artwork on it and not just the standard information, I would check with the post office before putting it on all your envelopes. If the post office says it's ok, then go for it.

• chloe97 said:

We got a stamp from Vistaprint with the intent to use it on our RSVP cards and I am not a huge fan of what it looks like. It may be that it's just a low quality stamp because it cost $8. You definitely want to try it out. Would anyone side-eye a printed label on the RVSP envelopes? Is that tacky?

I wouldn't use labels, but you can probably print directly on your envelopes.
  • adk19 said:

chloe97 said:

Any idea how to print envelopes cheaply?
  • chloe97 said:

I used labels for my RSVP envelopes.  If anyone side eyed that then oh well.  I also really don't see much difference between using a clear label and printing directly on the envelope.  Both are printed from a computer so both are equally unpersonalized.  In the end, it is a damn envelope that will quickly end up in the garbage after it is opened.

• I am glad you asked this question! I also just bought a stamp and was hoping to use it for the RSVP envelopes. Only problem though is that it is that the top line is my FI's last name which I will be taking after our wedding, followed by our address where we both live now. Would that be bad just to have his last name and not mine seeing as though it's before our wedding?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• chloe97 said:

adk19 said:

chloe97 said:

Any idea how to print envelopes cheaply?
    Print shops should be able to do this for you, no problem.

We printed on ours with our home printer, but we bought a super nice printer and did everything ourselves. You can google how to print on envelopes. Buy some clearance test envelopes to make sure you understand how to do it. 
    *********************************************************************************

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards