Nevada-Las Vegas

Beware May 2, 2015

Just a heads up for any brides planning May weddings - avoid May 2 like the plague. They just confirmed the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight for that date.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Beware May 2, 2015

• It happened our wedding day last year, may 3rd, and it was super busy on the strip....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • KikiMira said:
    It happened our wedding day last year, may 3rd, and it was super busy on the strip....

This is an even bigger, highly anticipated fight so I can only imagine what the strip will be like...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh thank goodness, we're flying in for our scouting trip the week after.
  • My wedding is May 3rd and it has totally screwed us! Hotel rates skyrocketed and we can't find a place to host a rehearsal dinner the night before. It's a mess. We booked a year in advance so we had no clue that there might be a fight, but I agree - avoid this weekend!!
  • Yeah, I don't have any interest in boxing and even I want to watch that fight lol.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Originally planned my scouting trip for the beginning of May before the weather got too hot, but there are too many events going on. First week of May is that fight, next two weeks are Rock in Rio (huuuuge concert), Third week is Memorial Day. So the week after was the best that was still in May, LOL.
  • Don't forget, the weekend before Memorial Day is a Canadian holiday, so you'll have Canadians there, too! Granted, we don't have the population to make it significant, but I know that Monday is more expensive than it usually would be.
  • Does anyone know how downtown will be? We booked our wedding date for 5-2-15 a year ago and already have everything paid in full :/ but we are staying at the Golden Nugget and getting at the Mon Bel Ami Chapel both of which are downtown near fremont street
  • Does anyone know how downtown will be? We booked our wedding date for 5-2-15 a year ago and already have everything paid in full :/ but we are staying at the Golden Nugget and getting at the Mon Bel Ami Chapel both of which are downtown near fremont street

In my opinion, I don't think downtown would be too bad... at least not as far as strip traffic to/from MGM. Prices might be inflated because of the fight, but I don't think there will be the traffic issues.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I thought marrying the same day as the stellar awards march 28 drove prices up man those prices dont have nothing on this highly anticipated fight those prices tripled and some
  • Last I checked MGM had rooms $1600. All prices for everything are going up. Biggest fight! Mayweather always has fights early May and mid September. His contract is up this year so there may be no more Mayweather fights after this year
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards