Oregon

To all Oregon Brides

I’m looking for an affordable wedding venue. Our budget is $3,000 we don’t
want any place in the Portland City area. Looking to have a
wedding/reception place out guest list is ~100 (might slim down a little). Hoping a venue we can
bring our own food, BUT if not at least a cheap catering place. Hopefully out door/in door theme, because we were thinking of having our wedding in June. Some place close to the Beaverton, OR location. PLEASE I
NEED HELP!!

Re: To all Oregon Brides

• I'm getting married this June at The Troutdale House in downtown Troutdale. It's right on the Sandy River. Here's the website: http://www.thetroutdalehouse.com/ It's $3K for 10 hours on Saturday, a little less for other days.

Obviously this in on the other side of Portland from Beaverton, but it's really close to the airport, and not at all far from downtown.

You can bring your own food/caterer (they have a full kitchen) AND your own alcohol and bartender if you plan to have it. The venue has three outdoor areas for ceremonies, as well as two indoor areas. It's really well-decorated too, and they have extra decorations you can use if you want. There are two on-site coordinators to help the event run smoothly. The owners are really nice and responsive to all questions/requests to visit the venue. We are SO happy we found it!

However, if you mean you're hoping to get married THIS June, they may be completely booked. We booked last April for this June, and they had already booked most summer Saturdays by then.

If you're really into DIY, check out the Laurelhurst Club - it's pretty much a blank slate, so you bring/rent all decor and bring in your own caterer, but we decided against it because it was more work than we wanted to do. It is definitely less expensive, though.

Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Mission Mill in Salem is relatively inexpensive; their website says "your choice of caterer," so if that doesn't include self-catering, at least it doesn't impose a list of spendy ones. McMenamin's is also a ridiculously good deal, since they don't charge separately for the venue if you spend their minimum on food and drink (but they are the ONLY caterer at all of their venues).

I'd start calling local community halls, though. Groups like the Oddfellows, Elks, Scouts, etc. have facilities that are often a lot cheaper than the more commercial venues.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards