Wedding Party

Help with Bridal Party Gifts

edited March 2015 in Wedding Party
I need help finding bridal party gifts.  I've read some other posts that say to "shop like it's their birthday," when picking gifts.  However, my friends (the girl in my bridal party) and I have never been big gift givers to each other.  I've known all of them since high school/college when money was always tight.   The most we have ever given each other is bottles of wine and maybe some cute wine glasses.  I've taken them out of dinner on their birthday and that's about it.   I've never actually bought them anything beyond that and vice versa.  

Now I have a budget of $75 per girl for their bridal party gifts and I'm stumped.   I know what clothing stores they like and what restaurants are their favorites, but gift cards seem boring and not very thoughtful for an event like this.  

Does anyone have any ideas on where I can start?  

Re: Help with Bridal Party Gifts

• What type of hobbies do they have?  Do they have Pinterest boards?  If so, go on there and see what types of things that they have pinned/liked.

• Start with their hobbies, likes and interests. List out these things for each girl. Example

Jane: coffee, reading, cake, baking
    Britt: Traveling, snorkeling, running, being fit
    Sam: Fashion, makeup, beauty stuff, pampering

If you list out some of their hobbies and interests we can help come up with ideas!

• edited March 2015
    Thanks for the suggestions.  I know what their hobbies and interests, but I'm having a difficult time taking those things and translating them into gifts.

What do you get someone that love makeup other than a Sephora gift card?  What do you get someone that loves to travel?  I'm always nervous they're going to secretly hate my gift.

• Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015

Thanks for the suggestions.  I know what their hobbies and interests, but I'm having a difficult time taking those things and translating them into gifts.

What do you get someone that love makeup other than a Sephora gift card?  What do you get someone that loves to travel?  I'm always nervous they're going to secretly hate my gift.

What about a brand new makeup bag and a Sephora gift card?  Or get her a 6 month subscription to Birchbox (CLICK)

• Thanks for the suggestions.  I know what their hobbies and interests, but I'm having a difficult time taking those things and translating them into gifts.

I love make-up and travelling! A subscription to Birchbox or Ipsy would be awesome (I just got the Ipsy one; a lot of ladies on these boards had tons of good things to say about it and it's only $10 per month!). So would a nice make-up bag or a new set of make-up brushes with a Sephora gift card. (I have tons of make-up brushes and I still love getting new ones). 

Get the traveler a cool leather travel journal (I have a few and am always on the lookout for more), a fancy luggage tag (another thing I'm always on the lookout for), or any of the billions of amazing travel books that are out there. Does she love going to Europe? Get her a book about the top must-see cities in Europe. Or a book about the most beautiful destinations in the world. Or get her something that might remind her of her favorite locale. FI's sister just moved back from France and she's OBSESSED with French wine and brie, so a gift basket with those types of things in it would be her most favorite. 
  • I need help finding bridal party gifts.  I've read some other posts that say to "shop like it's their birthday," when picking gifts.  However, my friends (the girl in my bridal party) and I have never been big gift givers to each other.  I've known all of them since high school/college when money was always tight.   The most we have ever given each other is bottles of wine and maybe some cute wine glasses.  I've taken them out of dinner on their birthday and that's about it.   I've never actually bought them anything beyond that and vice versa.  

Now I have a budget of $75 per girl for their bridal party gifts and I'm stumped.   I know what clothing stores they like and what restaurants are their favorites, but gift cards seem boring and not very thoughtful for an event like this.  

Does anyone have any ideas on where I can start?  
    sjf2715 said:

Start with their hobbies, likes and interests. List out these things for each girl. Example

Jane: coffee, reading, cake, baking
    Britt: Traveling, snorkeling, running, being fit
    Sam: Fashion, makeup, beauty stuff, pampering

If you list out some of their hobbies and interests we can help come up with ideas!

Make this list!!!  I'd love to help come up with gift ideas!!!
  • For the traveler, this website is my favorite.  It has tons of cheeky flight accessories and cool packing bags you can use to keep your stuff organized.  Every birthday I hope I get something from here.  Some of your other bridesmaids might enjoy gifts from here: www.flight001.com

Michael Aram (Sak's/Bloomingdale's) makes some homewares that are really unique.  Pricepoint is usually around $100 but there are plenty of interesting gifts around the $75 price point.  

For wine drinkers, Mignon Faget (a New Orleans artist) is having a sale on stemless glasses with her honeycomb logo.  

Williams Sonoma has a ton of things for $75 and under if you have any friends who love to cook.

If you have a friend who is an avid reader, an interesting first edition of a classic book (one that you would keep after you read) might be nice.  A signed copy of any book is also nice if you can manage that.  

I'm looking for my gifts now too and my bridesmaids are as diverse as they come so I've been browsing intently!
  • mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    Do any of them have Pinterest accounts? That is always a very good place to get ideas. One of my friends has so many accessories pinned I'll never run out of stuff to buy her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards