Knottie Tech Help
Options

TK forums are being incredibly glitchy

Last night, I posted in this thread. http://forums.theknot.com/discussion/comment/7609986/
I clicked the post button, it didn't seem to be doing anything, so I hit post three or four more times, and boom, up goes four posts. They were long posts, so I wouldn't to just edit them down to "double post" or something and it wouldn't let me edit them. I clicked the little gear button and nothing happened.

The mods went in at some point and deleted three of them (TY mods!), but I went back this morning, and still can't edit them.

Both last night and this morning while I was messing around in that thread, I kept getting glitches when I tried to leave the tread. I would scroll to the top and click on either "Pre-wedding parties" or "wedding boards" to try to get back to that particular page. And it took me to the "wedding flowers page."

And just now, while I'm typing this post, I clicked on "weding boards" at the top of this page, and it took me to "wedding songs." Also, those links at the top show little chunks taken out of the lettering? It's really weird. I was going to post a screen cap, but apparently TK won't let me do that. Nothing happens when I click the attach a file button. Also, I have no formatting capability. None of the normal bold, italic, underline, link, photo, or any other icons normally there for you to click in a post are showing up.

Also, I had two notifications this morning. Generally, when I click on the little icon (is that globe or a tree in a circle?), I'll get a drop down menu. Nope, did it several times and it took me to my profile each time where I then could go into my notifications on my profile and view them.

Re: TK forums are being incredibly glitchy

• Options
    Hey @lovesclimbing,

Thanks so much for bringing this to my attention! It's the first I'm hearing about it.

Just a few questions, what browser/device are you using? Have you cleared your cache/cookies and have javascript enabled? If you haven't, can you give those two things a try and let me know if that helps any?

Thanks!
    KR
  • Options
    lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited March 2015
    Chrome on Windows 8.1. Javascript is enabled. My last resort was to clear cookies, but I was hoping I wouldn't have to since that messes up all the stuff I have auto-logged in. I was going to try to log out of TK and log in, but there is no log out button that I can find right now.

ETA:  Clearing everything worked.  Thank you!
  • Options
    Awesome @lovesclimbing! Glad that fixed it :) (and sorry that was such a pain, I hate clearing my cache)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards