Pennsylvania-Central

Wedding Venues - Where did you choose?

Getting married 9/26/14 at the Cornwall Inn!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Venues - Where did you choose?

• Ahh you're a September '15 bride and a Central PA bride!!  My fiance and I are having our reception at the Park Inn Harrisburg West in Mechanicsburg.
  • Very nice!  I think I have been to every bridal shop in that area.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Logging on to do way overdue vendor reviews slowly but surely.  The longest will be for our site which was lovely -- Inn at Leola Village.  we did a brunch, partly for $$ and partly bc it let people come in and out the same day if they wanted (it was magically 2 to 2.5h for several groups coming from diff directions).  very happy with the site, the delicious food (everything from bacon to oysters!), and the attentive service
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're having both the ceremony and reception at the Park Inn in Mechanicsburg.  It's gorgeous, a nice price, and the easiest place to do it with so many out of towners.
  • I live in central PA, but my wedding is actually being held 2 1/2 hours away in Johnstown, PA.  My FIL owns a wedding venue, so it was obviously much more affordable to do it there!
  • I live in central PA, but my wedding is actually being held 2 1/2 hours away in Johnstown, PA.  My FIL owns a wedding venue, so it was obviously much more affordable to do it there!

My mom wanted me to get married in Johnstown since she's from there and I went to college there.
  • mrs1780 said:

I live in central PA, but my wedding is actually being held 2 1/2 hours away in Johnstown, PA.  My FIL owns a wedding venue, so it was obviously much more affordable to do it there!

My mom wanted me to get married in Johnstown since she's from there and I went to college there.
    Oh nice!  This is a new venue called "The Farm on the Ridge".   I think they are opening in August and booking through next year already.
  • I'm getting married October 17, 2015 at the Historic Acres of Hershey. They actually JUST got done building their new reception space. It is beyond beautiful. Check it out: https://www.facebook.com/HistoricAcresOfHershey?fref=ts 
  • luckystrawluckystraw member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited July 2015
    November 13th, 2015 at Armstrong Valley Winery in Halifax, here! Only downside is that we can't use their patio in case of inclement weather (we'd have to pay more for it), but it's a beautiful venue and I'm so excited for it!
  • We were just at a wedding at Ironstone Ranch in Elizabethtown- BEAUTIFUL!  The ceremony was in the orchard, but the nice thing is that they have a small barn to host the ceremony if it happens to rain.  The main barn is really nice and the staff was nice to work with.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards