Washington-Seattle
Options

Wedding Venue/Reception location ideas - Seattle, WA?

I'm planning on getting married next July or August (2015). I have been having a hard time finding a nice venue location. I found a few very nice affordable locations but the problem is these locations require that we use their catering service which for many places is a minimum of $5,000. Our overall budget for the wedding is between $5,000 and $7,000. I've contacted several caterers that have given me quotes for between $1,000 and $1,500 for 120-140 guests. I would much rather use one of the other caterers and find a venue that will allow me to use the caterer of my choosing. My fiance and I are very open to ideas for venues so I would love anyone's suggestions. We are scheduled to see a ranch this coming Saturday but besides that, we haven't booked to see anything else because of the catering costs. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!!

Re: Wedding Venue/Reception location ideas - Seattle, WA?

• Options
    I would suggests the parks department as they have a place in golden gardens, alki and a new venue called Dakota Place in West Seattle. The Hall at Greenlake or whatever it's called also takes their own caterers. If you have a caterer you like, maybe ask them about venues they have worked at previously. I know a lot of places have a list of preferred caterers so maybe yours is already on one of them.
  • Options
    Check out Century Ballroom on Capital Hill. It's $2500 for a nighttime wedding, but $1100 for a daytime wedding. It's also beautiful inside, so you could save money on decor (that's what we're doing!).  Also, I second what MayDay513 says - if you have a favorite caterer, ask them where they've worked before. They're professionals and will definitely be able to point you in the right direction.
  • Options
    Novelty Hill winery is 3k
  • Options
    Seattle Bride Mag has a resources section that tell you which of the more popular venues allow you to bring your own catering in and other things. Golden Gardens Park (Through Seattle Parks) will definitely allow you to bring your own catering.
  • Options
    Ray's Boathouse gave us a $500 deposit and $1500 minimum. We are having 30-50 people and buffet options start at $25/pp. 

Stimson-Green Mansion was another place I almost booked. Very affordable done by Jewel Hospitality.
  • Options
    kata18kata18 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Melrose Market Studios is affordable and a great looking venue. They have a link of pre-approved caters they recommend, but don't have to use. The venue also comes with a lot of things like chairs, tables, etc.
  • Options
    Check out our farm on facebook (has photos) or the knot.  Twin Twiggs Farm on Vashon.  My husband is a chef and can cater if needed.  We are flexible on dates and prices, just a new venue trying to get off the ground.  Or email me at twiggs_999@yahoo.com
  • Options
    To the OP (kaylalynnpordash) may I ask which caterers you've contacted? I'm in a similar situation. I'm trying to stay in specific budget but the catering just seems astronomical. We are planning on 75-100 guests. Thanks!
  • Options

To the OP (kaylalynnpordash) may I ask which caterers you've contacted? I'm in a similar situation. I'm trying to stay in specific budget but the catering just seems astronomical. We are planning on 75-100 guests. Thanks!

Try Pyramid Catering. They're quite reasonable, but book up quickly.  The culinary school at Renton technical caters as well, and was surprisingly good. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards