Wedding Woes
Options

Morning

I'm off today.  YAY.  I have a lot to do to get ready for DefConn's bday. 

I also have a hair appt.  I'm ready for a change.  I had pretty vivid dreams about this hair cut.  So we'll see what happens. 

I'm watching the Today show and they have the cutest stuff for little girls Target's Lily Pulitzer collection. 

Re: Morning

• Options
    HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited March 2015
    Target has a Lilly Pulitzer line?  I will admit straight up that she is NMS, but DD eats that kind of thing up.

Happy Almost-Birthday, DefConn!

ETA:  I went and looked and this has DD written all over it:
  • Options
    Good morning.

I need to shop for the kids.  It seems like they all need stuff all at once rightthissecondnow.  DD1 and Son both need shoes.  Son needs jeans.  Both girls need a few things for baseball practices.  They'll all need summer clothes, though I can wait a while for that.

I think we're going to hang out with friends this weekend, so I'm looking forward to that.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

It's rainy and the kids are already driving me nuts.  My big plans today are Costco for snack time.

On the plus side I have a decent paycheck coming my way.

• Options
    Morning.

DS is sick- the poor kid hasn't thrown up in years, and this morning he's crying in our bedroom about having to "puke out". So much mess and as of now, he hasn't been able to keep anything down. I was supposed to go to my therapist, and then a doctor's appointment with DH but I'll be staying home. I had already taken the day off work, so it works out. I'm praying DD is fine and that no one else gets what he has, but DH has already been saying he doesn't feel well (apparently Caucasian Man Flu is going to be reaching epidemic levels here).

I am a little sad DS is sick because it ruins my nice day. I planned a little shopping, some lunch out, maybe a nap. I might still be able to nap but shopping and lunch out are off the table. I'm hoping DS is better before Saturday as that's his first swim lesson.
  • Options
    HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited March 2015
    tawillers said:

I need to shop for the kids.  It seems like they all need stuff all at once rightthissecondnow.  DD1 and Son both need shoes.  Son needs jeans.  Both girls need a few things for baseball practices.  They'll all need summer clothes, though I can wait a while for that.

My kids do this all the time, it's like a conspiracy.  About a month ago, both of their feet suddenly grew and none of their shoes fit anymore.  That was not cheap.
  • Options
    0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Dixie, I have to say PF looks so much like you.  She has a great smile and I love that photo.

I'm seriously just biding time here.  I feel like I could do nothing and keep my job, but I want to do MORE.  Sheesh.  It'll come but the season needs to break.

Oh, and we're finally following through on pulling out of a job. 
  • Options
    Still having breastfeeding issues despite taking supplements and such. I pump around an ounce every two hours and he takes 1.5-2 ounces every three hours, so we've been doing about 2/3 breastmilk and 1/3 formula with each feeding. The pediatrician is worried that he's just really shitty at eating because he had insane difficulty doing a syringe feeding with her, spitting up and gagging. She's giving him another week to look at weight gain, and if he doesn't gain an adequate amount, we'll probably be going to Vanderbilt to have imaging done to see if he has anything anatomically wrong with his GI system :(.

Lactation has recommended domperidone, which isn't available in the US, so looks like my ass is gonna be ordering it from Vanuatu and crossing my fingers that it makes it through customs.

• Options

Still having breastfeeding issues despite taking supplements and such. I pump around an ounce every two hours and he takes 1.5-2 ounces every three hours, so we've been doing about 2/3 breastmilk and 1/3 formula with each feeding. The pediatrician is worried that he's just really shitty at eating because he had insane difficulty doing a syringe feeding with her, spitting up and gagging. She's giving him another week to look at weight gain, and if he doesn't gain an adequate amount, we'll probably be going to Vanderbilt to have imaging done to see if he has anything anatomically wrong with his GI system :(.

Lactation has recommended domperidone, which isn't available in the US, so looks like my ass is gonna be ordering it from Vanuatu and crossing my fingers that it makes it through customs.
    I'm not saying this is what you should do, at all, I'm just wondering:  has he ever tried a bottle?  And if so, was that better, worse, or about the same?
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    I'm kinda with Heffa here.  I know there's a lot more to the story, but is there a reason you are pumping right now?  I guess I'm wondering if the stress of trying to pump is adding to things here.
  • Options
    He tried the bottle for a while but now flat refuses it. He spits out anything that gets in his mouth if it was given via bottle. I'm pumping to make sure we get the exact amount he needs because I'm afraid that I'm not supplementing him enough throughout the day. Even if I wasn't pumping to check amounts, I'd still be pumping after every feeding per lactation because his latch and suck are shitty enough that they don't feel like he's emptying the breast, so I'm not pumping any less than I'd already be pumping.

This is just such a challenge but I really don't want to give up.

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    I'm sorry you're struggling.  I hope you didn't think I was second guessing you.
  • Options
    Nursing issues are the pits, Juche. I'm sorry you're dealing with them. I hope you're seeing a good lactation consultant.

Always remember, even if you're mixing that 1oz of breastmilk with 5oz of formula, you're still doing awesome! And if you go all out formula, you're still doing awesome. Your baby gets fed and that is what matters.

That was a really hard pill for me to swallow when I had PF
  • Options

He tried the bottle for a while but now flat refuses it. He spits out anything that gets in his mouth if it was given via bottle. I'm pumping to make sure we get the exact amount he needs because I'm afraid that I'm not supplementing him enough throughout the day. Even if I wasn't pumping to check amounts, I'd still be pumping after every feeding per lactation because his latch and suck are shitty enough that they don't feel like he's emptying the breast, so I'm not pumping any less than I'd already be pumping.

This is just such a challenge but I really don't want to give up.
    I'm sorry you're both having a hard time right now.  This too shall pass.  Hugs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards