Honeymoon Discussions

Honeymoon in the mountains..any ideas?

Hi! My fiance and I are wanting to go to the mountains for our honeymoon, but not really sure where to go! We are thinking maybe Montana? But just want some other ideas to look at! So, do you guys have any suggestions of some other places in the United States that would be good for a honeymoon that is near the mountains?

Thanks!

Amy

Re: Honeymoon in the mountains..any ideas?

• manateehuggermanateehugger member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015

Hey there! So anywhere from TN and NC to CO and MT will give you mountains.

I think the biggest questions are what time of year are you going and what do you want to do while there? Camping??Skiing? Hiking? Snowshoeing? Horseback riding? Climbing? Just admiring the view? Do you want a resort feel or a romantic cabin in the woods feel or a dude ranch feel?

I've lived in Colorado for years. Steamboat Springs, Aspen, Telluride, Vail, Grand Lake/Estes Park (Rocky Mountain National Park), and Gunnison National Park are some of my favorites.

• I love Jackson Hole. Lots to do summer or winter, nice hotels, good restaurants.
  • My friend went on a road trip for her honeymoon out west.  She said her absolute favorite place was Grand Teton national park.  I haven't been but the pictures look amazing!
  • I'm biased because I live here, but Northern New Mexico is gorgeous and mountainous and has far fewer tourists than some other well-known mountain areas.

You could easily spend a week around Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Taos, and Chama and see so many different sites. If you are into spas, there are a number of hot springs around, especially in the Jemez mountains and at Ojo Caliente.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jackson Hole WI is amazing, we did a snowmobile trip there for new years in 2012, western Montana is really pretty would be a great mountain adventure (close to yellow stone). Coeur d'Alene ID gives you mountains and lakes (also close to Sandpoint), central Idaho (Stanley, Sun Valley area) are my FAVORITE for a long weekend up in the Sawtooths. Mt Hood in Oregon is right outside of Portland so you get city and mountains, CO is beautiful but I have only ever been to the Denver area, not the mountains.. 

What kind of activities are you planning to do?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm another vote for Jackson Hole. If you stay in Teton Village it's really beautiful, quaint, romantic, and there's an AMAZING wine store there. I HIGHLY recommend Teton Mountain Lodge. Their spa and restaurant are both so awesome, not to mention the cozy fireplace in the lobby with a bunch of super comfy seating. 

Montana is absolutely beautiful too. I don't think you could go wrong there. 

Sun Valley, Idaho is beautiful and is another fun little town with lots to do and is really fun to just walk around and check stuff out. (If you're a literary fan, Hemingway's grave is there-- in Ketchum). I seriously think a lot of people underestimate how beautiful Idaho is. 

Colorado is really beautiful. I used to take trips to Snowmass (right by Aspen) at least once a year. Snowmass Village is a fun place. I will say it's a little tricky to get to in the winter. If you fly, you'd fly into Denver most likely. From there you either take a small plane into Aspen or rent a car and drive. Those mountain roads can get really nasty. (But this is true for any mountain roads, obviously, so just be careful!) 
  • I'm another vote for Jackson Hole. If you stay in Teton Village it's really beautiful, quaint, romantic, and there's an AMAZING wine store there. I HIGHLY recommend Teton Mountain Lodge. Their spa and restaurant are both so awesome, not to mention the cozy fireplace in the lobby with a bunch of super comfy seating. 

Montana is absolutely beautiful too. I don't think you could go wrong there. 

Sun Valley, Idaho is beautiful and is another fun little town with lots to do and is really fun to just walk around and check stuff out. (If you're a literary fan, Hemingway's grave is there-- in Ketchum). I seriously think a lot of people underestimate how beautiful Idaho is. 

Colorado is really beautiful. I used to take trips to Snowmass (right by Aspen) at least once a year. Snowmass Village is a fun place. I will say it's a little tricky to get to in the winter. If you fly, you'd fly into Denver most likely. From there you either take a small plane into Aspen or rent a car and drive. Those mountain roads can get really nasty. (But this is true for any mountain roads, obviously, so just be careful!) 
    Love that you said this! I have lived here for 8 years and love it! People normally think of Idaho as the wild west and ugly but the mountains are spectacular! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • How about the Berkshires in western Massachusetts? Lots of lovely little towns there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards