Snarky Brides

Spinoff: wedding etiquette fails in movies/TV shows

13»

Re: Spinoff: wedding etiquette fails in movies/TV shows

• banana468 said:
    How about Father of the Bride where Steve Martin didn't get a budget and the family tells him how to spend his money?

And, the groom's family tells Steve Martin that he has to pay airfare for a bunch of their relatives to fly over from Sweden, am I remembering correctly? That isn't even something the hosts have to cover, is it?

And the parents of groom are a lot more loaded than Steve is, in the movie. Why don't they fly out their own family?

• @afox007‌ and @jenna8984 Corey and Topanga also crashed someone else's wedding yo get ideas for their own wedding.

And the lesbian wedding on Friends had no seating. They all stood for the ceremony.

Gilmore Girls had two ceremonies for Lane ' s wedding. A Buddhist wedding for her grandma and then a church wedding for her mom. The second wedding didn't have enough seating for everyone either.

(Can you all tell I really care about being able to sit my booth down?)
  • The Friends episode with Phoebe's wedding that someone mentioned earlier in this thread was on last night.  One of Mike's groomsmen can't make it at the last minute, so at the rehearsal dinner Mike asks Ross & Chandler if one of them will "fill in".  Somehow, instead of being offended, they start fighting over it because they both want it. 

It's things like this that make people think even sides are necessary and that it's okay to have replacement WP members!!
    --

• Kim Kardashian/Kris Humphries- if your marriage lasts a grand total of 72 days, your guests deserve an explanation/their gifts back. Additionally, didn't they (Kim and her mother) demand people wear only black and white?

Kardashian/West wedding- unconfirmed, but looks/sounds like Kanye was his over the top drama queen self...Bridezillas should have done an episode to top all episodes just of him.
  • Another Friends blunder- Ross and Monica's cousin's wedding had a B-list. Ross was invited to the reception and not the ceremony.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Late to the party... didn't the oldest son from 7th Heaven do a secret wedding that only the little sister knew about? They had a PPD after that and didn't tell anyone they were already married.
  • Kim Kardashian/Kris Humphries- if your marriage lasts a grand total of 72 days, your guests deserve an explanation/their gifts back. Additionally, didn't they (Kim and her mother) demand people wear only black and white?

Kardashian/West wedding- unconfirmed, but looks/sounds like Kanye was his over the top drama queen self...Bridezillas should have done an episode to top all episodes just of him.
    Why would they deserve their gifts back IF they got married, no matter how many days they were wedded. If they called off their wedding sure...

Live fast, die young. Bad Girls do it well. Suki Zuki.

• I just watched an episode of my fair wedding where the couple was already married and then they had their PPD. It was the mermaid themed/40s thingy. It was a weird episode. Also the burlesque chick that was going to wear that red latex dress with tassels on the boobs and butt. Luckily she didn't wear it, maybe it was just for TV but still. That show is full of etiquette blunders
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just watched an episode of my fair wedding where the couple was already married and then they had their PPD. It was the mermaid themed/40s thingy. It was a weird episode. Also the burlesque chick that was going to wear that red latex dress with tassels on the boobs and butt. Luckily she didn't wear it, maybe it was just for TV but still. That show is full of etiquette blunders

I think I saw that one. Didn't David make them tell their parents they were already married so they at least weren't lying about it anymore? That could be a different one though.

I think I saw that one. Didn't David make them tell their parents they were already married so they at least weren't lying about it anymore? That could be a different one though.

Yep thats the one

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Snarkies... important update. "Runaway Bride" was on TV last night. I used to love that movie and haven't seen it in years. But one AMAZINGLY awful thing happens towards the end (spoiler alert):

Julia Roberts and her fiance Christopher Meloni are at their rehearsal ceremony and for some reason, they decide it would be a solid idea to have Richard Gere play the groom for the sake of a rehearsal. Bad idea! Everyone knows Julia and Richard are going to fall in love. Sure enough, they realize they're in love in the middle of the rehearsal. Julia and Christopher break up and Julia and Richard decide they're not going to let the wedding date/venue go to waste. They'll get married instead! 

So then Julia and Richard are engaged for like 2 days and they get to know each other while playing cards and cuddling, and Richard invites his ex-wife and her husband to the wedding with about 24 hours notice. Oh! And his ex-wife's husband is his best man for some reason. Day of wedding, everyone's at the church, including Christopher Meloni who is Julia's ex-fiance from 2 days ago. So he's at the wedding now, in the church he likely paid for, on the wedding day he originally picked with Julia. 

Then Julia runs away, leaving Richard and her guests stranded. But then I think they elope later while the Dixie Chicks play in the background.

• Friends again:

Monica's wedding, Pheobe and Rachel arguing over who gets to be MoH.

Why not both? Or neither?
  • I was rewatching Castle this past weekend, and when Ryan and Jenny got married, Ryan wasn't allowed to pick his best man. Apparently, it tradition in her family to have the best man be the brides brother. Ryan was really bummed about it.
  • laceykeo said:

Friends again:

Monica's wedding, Pheobe and Rachel arguing over who gets to be MoH.

Why not both? Or neither?

I know. And then don't Ross and Joey have to decide for Monica? 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards