Attire & Accessories Forum

ughhh momentary dress frustration

A friend got married yesterday and I was looking at the pictures and she looked lovely. SHe had a gorgeous organza and lace gown. 

It was so beautiful it made me think about my dress and made me wish it had more lace on it. It also made me think back to my other dream dress (the one with the sketchy lady saying it could be resized) and think that I have lost weight and it would have fit me perfectly. Now I love my dress and I remember how I felt in it and all but I am feeling icky about it at the moment. I know its normal and when I put it on for the fitting I will fall in love again but just needed to vent about it. 

Re: ughhh momentary dress frustration

• I was having major dress regret before I tried my dress on for the fitting.  It's 100% normal.  If you're worried that it's too plain, you can always speak to your seamstress about adding lace.
  • Totally normal! I had the same thing happen to me too. 
  • No worries, that's normal. Take a deep breath and focus on something else.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• This just made me feel so much better! I'm wearing my grandmother's dress for my wedding (with some alterations) and keep having moments of "But should I have tried something else? Is this really what I want?". I was hoping it was normal!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Yep, normal. I keep seeing Haley Paige dresses (which I had never heard of until AFTER I bought mine) and thinking that the styles are so amazing, and I really wish I would have known about that designer so I could've at least tried some on. It bugs me a little bit until I think about how much I love my dress. 

There will always be other/different/pretty dresses out there, so you could drive yourself insane looking at the ones you DIDN'T choose. No matter what. Just focus on the one you did choose, because it's going to be beautiful :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards