Chit Chat

Do you have a colour? (NWR)

A little bored-Monday discussion for everyone...

Do you have a "colour"? Something you buy everything in or wear all the time and always gravitate to?

I think most people have a neutral or pseudo-neutral they gravitate towards - brown or tan or white or whatever that they tend to wear a lot or buy a lot. I used to wear a ton of black, but in the past few years I've been trying to buy all the stuff I would have usually gotten in black in navy instead. Navy peacoat, navy suits, that kind of thing instead of all black all the time. I'm very pale and quite blonde and I think it's a lot less harsh and looks better with my skin, less deathly, less severe.

For actual colours, though....when I was a redhead, I bought lots of shades of green and turquoise, but now that I'm blonde again, I've gone full Barbie and I've been buying everything hot pink.It's starting to make up a frightening percentage of my wardrobe and accessories. I've got luggage, jackets and sweaters, toques and scarves and gloves, water bottles, running shoes, bikinis, sundresses...FI just shakes his head at this point but hot pink looked terrible on me for eight years when I had red/auburn hair but I like it and now I guess I'm making up for lost time or something.  It probably doesn't help prevent people assuming I'm a high-school kid still, but oh well. PINK!

What about you all? Do you have a "colour" too?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Do you have a colour? (NWR)

• Everything aqua. All the time. Paint colors, clothes, accessories, everything. I always catch myself with another aqua cardigan in my cart and have to slap my wrist.

• I gravitate towards stripes, actually. Preferably black and white strips. Or towards anything with a black and white scheme. You'll find it in some of my favorite clothes and shoes, and even in my travel pillow.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• My go-to neutral is black, but for everything else it's forest green. Dark brunette with green eyes; it works on me.

I also have forbidden myself from ever buying another gray sweater, so I guess that's in there too.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • I'm a pale, green eyed red head. I naturally gravitate towards neutrals. Colours scare me!

If I'm not wearing black, grey, brown, tan then the colour i probably have the most of is a deep burgandy/maroonish colour.
  • tpwkalyntpwkalyn member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2015
    Yeah I definitely see a lot of black/grey in my closet.

And it's not really a "color", but I find that I buy a LOT of floral print, literally no matter what time of year it is. But if it's not floral, black, or grey, I guess my color would be blue. It makes mah eyeballs look purty.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Pretty much every color except yellow, orange, and pink. My closet is pretty rainbow-tastic otherwise.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• I tend to -- accidentally-- buy a lot of gray clothes. I also tend to gravitate towards blues and teals for some reason. 

The weird thing to me, though, is that I have a HUGE aversion to the color red. No idea why. I just can't stand that color and it would probably be difficult to find anything red in my house, or even in my closet for that matter. It's not something I consciously do; I don't go out shopping and think to myself, "I must not buy anything red!" but I never end up picking stuff out that has that color in it. 

When we were house hunting and I saw a house that had walls painted red, I would immediately get irritated and think "why the fuck would they paint a wall red?!" even though that has been a really trendy popular color for a while. Lots of people love red walls. Why they would bother me is beyond me. 
  • Color I wear all the time: orange. I buy anything and everything orange. I also love pretty much any shade of green, but I mostly gravitate toward mint or kelly green.

Everything else: GOLD. I am obsessed with gold. Decor, jewelry, etc. FI said I'm a crazy person because any store we go into that has gold stuff I immediately run over there. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I gravitate towards stripes, actually. Preferably black and white strips. Or towards anything with a black and white scheme. You'll find it in some of my favorite clothes and shoes, and even in my travel pillow.

I do navy and white stripes, tons of them. I'm totally into the sailor thing I guess, haha. Our first wedding gift that we've gotten is a navy and white striped duvet cover.

I've also already decided that when we buy a house I'm doing our kitchen in white with navy and red accents because I am apparently obsessed with the nautical thing.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Aqua/ turquoise/ teal are my colors.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• My usual neutral is black, but I have a lot of gray (some days I feel like everything I own is gray) and blues.  I'm trying to venture out a little now, though, so I have some more colors starting to grow.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • littlepep said:

Color I wear all the time: orange. I buy anything and everything orange. I also love pretty much any shade of green, but I mostly gravitate toward mint or kelly green.

Everything else: GOLD. I am obsessed with gold. Decor, jewelry, etc. FI said I'm a crazy person because any store we go into that has gold stuff I immediately run over there. 
  • Purple.  

I'm packing for our trip and I'm like "damn, I have a lot of purple".

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I wear a lot of black as my neutral.

For an actual color, I wear a lot of greens and blue.

• I gravitate toward pick objects (headphones, water bottles, scarfs, etc), but I tend to buy clothes in different shades of blue.

Although, I bought a mint green sweater recently and have been getting lots of compliments on the color so mint might be my new go-to!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Shades of pink, but I have a lot of blue as well. 

• For clothing, I tend to gravitate towards navy blue or coral, aside from the standard black/white/gray (which I own FAR too much of). Navy blue looks good with my pale skin tone, brown hair and green eyes. Coral is just fun to wear.

For my house, it's all blues, greens and grays. My kitchen is gray and white, the living room will most likely be gray, blue, ivory and some gold. My bedroom is light blue, light green and white. My bathroom is green and ivory. Luckily blues and greens are H's favorite colors (and the only colors he can see well) so he's fine with the house looking pretty much the same in every room.

• lyndausvi said:

Purple.  

I'm packing for our trip and I'm like "damn, I have a lot of purple".

Whenever I'm wearing my purple sweatpants, and I try to rationalize that I can wear them outside, I realize that I'm also wearing a purple shirt!

So please add purple to my list as well.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• I'm pretty boring mostly black, grey, wine/burgundy colors.  I must admit, in the summer I will rock some pink though.   Even my wedding dress is blush pink...

• I have too much gray and black, because neutrals are safe. In the summer, white, white, and white. 

For color, I am partial to green. Moss/olive muted greens, emerald greens, mint greens. Love greens. I love many colors, but green is my number one, and always has been. 

I look jaundiced in navy. I own nothing in navy blue. 

I always want to wear peach, but it never really seems to work for me. For some strange reason, it washes me out. This makes me sad. 
  • I try to buy lots of colors, but I definitely trend cooler colors, black (esp. dresses) blue and green are the majority of my closet. 
    Also. this happened. Unintentional I swear.

Anniversary
  • Blue. Specifically any blue that reminds of me of The Doctor's TARDIS. 

Because I'm a geek. LOL.
  • I tend to buy a lot of greens, greys and blues. 
  • Blush. I can't stop myself from buying anything in blush/warm neutral tones.
  • I wear a lot of gray and navy. I have light skin, freckles, and brown hair, so most colors look okay on me, but I find jewel tones work best. So I have a fair bit of forest green and sort of deep plum colors. In the summer I wear a lot of brighter, saturated blue and magenta. I also have a problem with black and white stripes. I realized I have three black and white dresses. I gravitate toward the same stuff when I shop. The struggle is real.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• To wear, it's hard for me to feel put together unless I'm wearing black/tan/neutral color.  I do love colorful scarves, but it's hard for me to buy colors!!  Decorating-wise, I love gold, white, blue, and am really excited about some light aqua printed throw pillows I just got on sale :)
  • My ski gear this weekend was a hot pink jacket and turquoise ski pants and helmet. 

I saw about six children under the age of six wearing the same combo.

I went to the liquour store a couple weeks ago with no makeup on, wearing a hot pink hoodie and running shoes, and the guy took my ID, gave me a suspicious face, then made me tell him my birthdate, postal code, and how to spell my middle name before I pulled out a couple of credit cards and my healthcare card with the names matching in exasperation. I've been legal to drink for ten years here. That, perhaps, should have been a sign that I might want to consider dressing more my age...I came home and told FI and he just looked at my outfit with one eyebrow raised.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't think so.  Car wise my dream is a pale blue and cream interior.  Clothes wise I try to pick out all different colours, but I feel I look best in blue.  Home decor wise I love different shades of grey for most of the house.  I dream of a light blue and brown bedroom and a light blue, black, and white bathroom.  Hmm, I guess blue is my colour, actually.
  • I wear a lot of gray and navy. I have light skin, freckles, and brown hair, so most colors look okay on me, but I find jewel tones work best. So I have a fair bit of forest green and sort of deep plum colors. In the summer I wear a lot of brighter, saturated blue and magenta. I also have a problem with black and white stripes. I realized I have three black and white dresses. I gravitate toward the same stuff when I shop. The struggle is real.

I shit you not, half the time I'm shopping and pick something up and think, "That's awesome!" Cue 3 seconds later: "Dude, you basically already own this."

At least I am consistent?
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Oranges and corals bc I have a Mediterranean skin tone.  I also wear all gold jewelry, including my engagement and wedding ring. I just feel like it looks best with my skin tone.  Also, I like navy blue a lot! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards