Chit Chat

Vent. Not about work/relationships/or wedding.

Re: Vent. Not about work/relationships/or wedding.

• edited June 2015
  • MagicInk said:

I mean, letting a kid go home with the homos is participating in a sin right? 
    Actually, it's not.
  • edited June 2015
  • MagicInk said:

I've never been able to understand why Catholic hospitals are a thing. 

Because we are called to help the sick and provide aid to those who need it.
    Except for the gays, and immoral women who have had abortions. You aren't "called" to help them, right?
    I must have missed that part in the bible where Jesus helps only the people who followed all his teachings exactly.

• MagicInk said:

Except for the gays, and immoral women who have had abortions. You aren't "called" to help them, right?

ETA: General you, by the way. Don't get all sanctimonious on me, as per usual.
    I think you missed the link that @monkeysip posted.  Here - http://www.usccb.org/issues-and-action/human-life-and-dignity/health-care/upload/Ethical-Religious-Directives-Catholic-Health-Care-Services-fifth-edition-2009.pdf
  • MagicInk said:

How can you even say that in a conversation about actual cases of specific Catholic people turning away specific sick people who needed aid, for no other reason than those people's lifestyles and behaviors may or may not have lived up to their own personal standards? We're not talking hypotheticals here. This is actually happening.

• MagicInk said:

I must have missed that part in the bible where Jesus helps only the people who followed all his teachings exactly.
    "Love each other (except for those with matching genitals, those who want control over their own bodies, and those who choose not to push a watermelon out of their taco)"
  • Do y'all have any interest in understanding us Catholics?  Or do you just want to bash and call us bigots?  
  • Do y'all have any interest in understanding us Catholics?  Or do you just want to bash and call us bigots?  

You're acting like being hateful towards gay people, people who have abortions, etc isn't bigotry. IT IS. This is not just some shit us Internet meanies are making up.
  • edited March 2015

Do y'all have any interest in understanding us Catholics?  Or do you just want to bash and call us bigots?  

You're acting like being hateful towards gay people, people who have abortions, etc isn't bigotry. IT IS. This is not just some shit us Internet meanies are making up.

So it's the latter.  Got it.

ETA.  Yes, there are assholes who do hateful things in the name of Catholicism.  But that is not what the Church teaches.

In keeping with this conviction, the Church teaches that persons with a homosexual inclination “must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity.”2 We recognize that these persons have been, and often continue to be, objects of scorn, hatred, and even violence in some sectors of our society. Sometimes this hatred is manifested clearly; other times, it is masked and gives rise to more disguised forms of hatred. “It is deplorable that homosexual persons have been and are the object of violent malice in speech or in action. Such treatment deserves condemnation from the Church’s pastors wherever it occurs.

I understand that catholics value man made doctrine over biblical teachings (e.g. what the bishops say about catholic hospotals). Jesus would be appalled by some of the things I have read here.

• ashley8918ashley8918 member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015

Do y'all have any interest in understanding us Catholics?  Or do you just want to bash and call us bigots?  

Please show me where you are being "bashed".

If you can't handle disagreement with out crying "bashing" or "attack", why are you here, on a forum where you know there is a general disagreement with this set of beliefs?
  • MagicInk said:

The Catholic church is the single largest non-government health care services provider in the world.   Their hospitals date back thousands of years.      They just didn't pop up over the last few decades in order to block American woman the right to BC.     They have been around for THOUSANDS of years.   

Many priests and monks were doctors.  The Catholic church was among the first to have medical schools. Early priests were involved in many early scientific discoveries that are still used today.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

If you can't handle disagreement with out crying "bashing" or "attack", why are you here, on a forum where you know there is a general disagreement with this set of beliefs?
    Funny how the other catholic knotties don't have this problem.

Funny how the other catholic knotties don't have this problem.

It's weird. It is almost like they are adults who can handle disagreement without being whiney babies about it.

Cuz she's gonna change us, Ashley. She's gonna lead us to the light.

• I wouldn't fret, Ink; your kid was already conceived in a way that removes the dignity of humanity. Might as well just let that sin odometer roll over.

But really, I'm more concerned how they would treat you, lesbian who has no genetic attachment to the child.

That's Wifey's concern too.
  • beetherybeethery member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015
    emmaaa said:

Is there a reason you continue to interject yourself in these type of conversations, holyguacamole79? 

Of course everyone is allowed to choose what topics they choose to post on, but it really has become a broken record. It seems like to me you're just looking for someone to argue with.
    A need for persecution, maybe to make one feel closer to the Laaaawd, is my guess.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• After reading the whole thread, I wanted to post about how I am Catholic (have had a bit of a falling out) but that I love everyone equally. It doesn't matter the race, sexual orientation, etc....but then I thought, who am I kidding?

You have the good sense that god gave you, apparently.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards