Chit Chat

First world problems

13»

Re: First world problems

• I have a hair appointment but it's next week instead of this week. Boooo! I want to cut my hair now, plus I'm going to get a pixie. I'm feeling brave
  • I wanted soft serve vanilla, and they only had hard.

(J came back to the car with the ice cream, and I literally thought - this needs to be on a FWP thread on TK).
    **The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • edited April 2015

I wanted soft serve vanilla, and they only had hard.

(J came back to the car with the ice cream, and I literally thought - this needs to be on a FWP thread on TK).

Okay, so I've heard the term 'soft serve' and I've eaten it... but it never occurred to me that there is a 'hard served.' Please explain.
    Anniversary

• I wanted soft serve vanilla, and they only had hard.

Okay, so I've heard the term 'soft serve' and I've eaten it... but it never occurred to me that there is a 'hard served.' Please explain.
    Hard is regular ice cream, not soft served.

• I got food poisioning on vacation and had to puke in a random bar bathroom rather than in my hotel room. And I missed out on our sunset cruise for DH's birthday cos of being sick. :( I feel better now though

• FWP: I wore a white skort today (don't judge, it's cute) and Aunt Flo came for a visit early.

Also I have no ice cream and the weather is bad, and no one will deliver ice cream.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I have to be up at 7am to go to a work rally in which they provide us with free food, coffee, juice, raffle prizes, and I get paid for attending
    Waaaaaaah up at 7!!
  • My dad spent a couple hundred dollars on a wedding gift for FI and I. A couple hundred dollars' worth of DVDs of the Ed Sullivan show, which I am never going to watch.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• blabla89 said:

My dad spent a couple hundred dollars on a wedding gift for FI and I. A couple hundred dollars' worth of DVDs of the Ed Sullivan show, which I am never going to watch.

This made me LOL. 

I'm so sorry. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • blabla89 said:

My dad spent a couple hundred dollars on a wedding gift for FI and I. A couple hundred dollars' worth of DVDs of the Ed Sullivan show, which I am never going to watch.

This made me LOL. 

I'm so sorry. 
    I had a feeling something like this would happen when he asked for my shipping address. He couldn't spend that money on, you know, actually coming to our wedding...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• My new plum Fitbit Charge HR that was supposed to be here tomorrow now is scheduled to be delivered on April 16.  Dammit.

• My FWP today is that I've been sleeping in the guest room because I'm sick and I was wondering if today, when our cleaning lady came, she was going to think FI and I were fighting. Ha!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • OH @hicoco you made me think of a new FWP!

I don't have a cleaning lady. I have to clean my own house.

Some friends got me cleaning lady once and it was THE BEST EVERRRRR. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • blabla89 said:

Hahaha omg why?? Unless y'all are die hard fans, this almost seems like a white elephant gift.
    *********************************************************************************

• ShesSoCold, I really probably don't need one seeing as it's just FI and myself but we have a decent size house and she does a way better job than I ever could and I even LIKE to clean. She comes twice a month so nothing crazy.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hicoco said:

ShesSoCold, I really probably don't need one seeing as it's just FI and myself but we have a decent size house and she does a way better job than I ever could and I even LIKE to clean. She comes twice a month so nothing crazy.

One of my good friends does this too. She and her H don't have that big a house, but it's something she hated and it's not that expensive. She says the money is worth the time/pain. And she says (I met her after this) that her house was always messy before the cleaning ladies.

When FI and I get an actual house I'm planning to always consider this option. Because it soudns lovely.
  • It's FI's 30th birthday today, and I made a 7pm reservation at a really nice restaurant. He is golfing with a friend right now, and he may not be home in time to make the reservation. So now I have to make a backup plan just in case, which stresses me out.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited April 2015

My new plum Fitbit Charge HR that was supposed to be here tomorrow now is scheduled to be delivered on April 16.  Dammit.

I really wanted the plum but wasnt willing to wait for it! So i just got the black charge HR instead.

Maybe I'll eventually gift my black one to FI and get the plum one instead when they are readily available. Theyre so pretty.

ets: I have no idea what happened there with the quoting...... 
  • blabla89 said:

Hahaha omg why?? Unless y'all are die hard fans, this almost seems like a white elephant gift.
    My dad is a little out there. He has a mental illness and is almost completely disconnected from the real, 2015 world. When he asked for my shipping address I knew it would be a rooster, but he really outdid himself this time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I wanted to buy a Harry Potter wand, where the wand picks you, but they picked some 10 year old kid instead. Fucking kids get to do everything. Now I'm not sure if I'll buy one

• I just made homemade chocolate pudding.  It's too hot to eat so I have to sit here and wait while it cools off in the freezer.
  • FWP: i ordered a book on amazon for my kindle from my moms. well i was using her kindle wednesday and there was a notice that something was wrong with the card on file. so i clicked the link in said notice on kindle it took me to sign on screen with a saved password for the amazon account. mind you i could not remember the password for the life of me and i have been trying to get it changed since last april but dont have access to email associated with the account. i counted the little dots that was the saved password. talked to my mom some and she goes well it must be this password. yup it was after a year and a half of trying to remember the password did i finally figure it out and it was the easiest one ever. i feel like and idiot.
  • I worked 17 hours yesterday and made some killer cash at the bar. MY FEET ARE KILLING ME AND I CAN'T RUB THEM BECAUSE I'M AT WORK AGAIN. I hate shoes.

Cruel fucking world.

• anjemon, I definitely would recommend it. Even if they just come once in awhile, it's nice to have someone else do it sometimes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hicoco said:

anjemon, I definitely would recommend it. Even if they just come once in awhile, it's nice to have someone else do it sometimes.

Agreed. We have a 1700 square foot house and I have a cleaning lady that comes in every two weeks. She's fucking amazing. I love her. I commute around 12 hours a week and work around 45, so the last thing I want to do is clean. And it's only $100 a time, so I'm all about it.

• I definitely want to get a cleaning lady when FI and I move to a new place.

New FWP: I'm doing my own makeup for the wedding, and I've been watching all these awesome tutorials on youtube and it's making me realize I must have all of the awesome palettes and brushes that they use, and that's definitely not in the wedding budget.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards