New Jersey

Affordable Wedding Venues in NJ

Hello all!

My fiancée and I are planning on getting married May 2016 and are looking for a nice, affordable venue in NJ (who isn't lol) for around 60 people.  We would like a place with an outdoor ceremony area and convenient for our out of town guests who would need hotels close by,  So far we have looked at the Olde Mill Inn, which was beautiful, but a bit high for our budget at $135 including tax and gratuity.  We also looked at Primavera Regency and Michael was awesome to deal with.  He quoted us $100 pp, but we were looking for something a little more green outside.  We will be contacting the following locations, but I thought maybe some on here would know some info about these places (pricing, minimums, location, etc) before we contact them all or maybe have other suggestions.  Thanks so much in advance!!! :-)

Mayfair Farms

Pleasantdale Château

Flanders Valley

Brooklake Country Club

The Mansion at Bretton Woods

Park Avenue Club

Ramsey Golf & Country Club

Fiddler's Elbow

The Place at the Lake

Knoll Country Club

Bridgewater Manor

Windows on the Water

Florentine Gardens

Labertville Station

Galloping Hills

Persona Farms

Lake Mohawk Country Club

Re: Affordable Wedding Venues in NJ

• I would add the Manor to your list.  It has beautiful grounds and a good price and also a hotel next door.  Also look at Madison Hotel.

Good Luck
  • Many venues are going to consider 60 people very low, especially during May (peak season). You didn't specify day of the week but you might have a hard time getting a venue to agree to 60 people on a Saturday.

As far as prices, Pleasantdale is way above your budget. Like double. We looked at Park Avenue Club & Brooklake. We were booking short notice so were given somewhat of a deal but both were above your budget.

We ended up having our Saturday evening, May 2014 wedding at Knoll (East building) and loved everything about it, including the tons of green space. We paid a little over $100 including tax/ gratuity and guaranteed 150 people. If you have more questions about Knoll feel free to PM me.

• Pleasantdale and Florentine priced me well above $135 all in. 
  • Thank you so much everyone!  And I'm sorry I didn't specify that we would be open to a Saturday or Sunday afternoon sine we are a smaller party. 

Thanks again for any info!

• Hey there, you should check out the Sayen House and Gardens in Hamilton, NJ. The brochure says they can comfortably accommodate 85 folks, and the house is set in the botanical gardens (so you can have the ceremony outside).There are also hotels nearby to host guests, and the spot is located near the train station. The only downside is that they have a contractual agreement with two local caterers, so you will have to go with whom they work with (but that may not necessarily be a bad thing). The cost is very affordable, so check it out:

Here is their website: http://www.hamiltonnj.com/content/83865/150819/default.aspx

~ K

• Brenton Woods does an amazing wedding! But they are a bit pricier than your budget!
  • You should check out the Olde Mill Inn - they are great for smaller weddings. My fiance is from the UK so we cannot guarantee how many of his family members/friends are going to be able to make it over. I was nervous to book somewhere that had such a high minimum requirement. We are getting married at the Olde Mill Inn on a Saturday night and just have to guarantee 75 adults for the Hunt Room. They have options for even smaller weddings as well though.

I was also considering Mayfair Farms, which has a great menu and good pricing options (especially for a Friday, Sunday,etc.), but even their smaller room felt a bit too large for us.

Good luck!
  • Sorry! I just realized you said you already looked at the Olde Mill Inn :) That pricing sounds right for a Saturday night, but I am surprised they wouldn't be able to offer you a better package for a day wedding or a Friday/Sunday night. I am also getting married in May 2016 and was surprised at how quickly dates are booking up already!

I contacted Bretton Woods, but they never returned my call. Some others to consider could be the Molly Pitcher Inn, the English Manor or the Villa at Mountain Lakes.
  • @DanielleRS528 Sorry to hear Bretton Wood didn't return your call, my sister was married there 11 years ago and I ahve to tell you it was the best wedding I have ever been too, the food is off the charts!
  • For Florentine gardens 60 guests may be too low. My guests list is about 130 and they had a 150 minimum for a Weekend in the Winter. Mayfair farms, may do it for you. They book two events at once, and they may be able to accommodate in the smaller room.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards