Chit Chat

Let's hear about the good stuff

2»

Re: Let's hear about the good stuff

• I put in an application for a puppy!!!  Fingers crossed I get her!

SHOW US THE PUPPY.
  • I put in an application for a puppy!!!  Fingers crossed I get her!

SHOW US THE PUPPY.
    I don't want to jinx it!  If I get her I will post!

• I'm a teacher... and Spring Break starts Friday... WE'RE SO CLOSE OMG

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have kind of a sad/bittersweet good thing.

Backstory: I had a friend who passed away about 5 years ago, 2 days before her wedding. 

I've always been prone to anxiety but am pretty good at managing it. The last couple weeks I've been experiencing higher that normal levels of anxiety, lots revolving around 'bad things' happening leading up to the wedding. I worry about my parents, I worry about my siblings. And especially with all the plane crashes in the news lately, and my FI being an airline pilot, I get really anxious everytime he goes to work. Basically it's like I am constantly anticipating something bad happening.

Last night I had a dream in which I was  in a car that was driving along the roads in my hometown. I am confused as how I got to be in this car, and turn to look at the driver. The driver turns out to be this friend of mine who passed away. She turns to me and says 'you know what happened to me was an accident. I know that the timing of it was awful for all of you, and no matter what, the timing would never have been right. But it was my time and you have to realize that. Just because this happened to me, does not mean something bad is going to happen to you. Its going to be ok, please don't live your life worrying that something bad is going to happen. You can't control things like that, so there's no point worrying about them, OK??."

And then I woke up and felt oddly calm.

It was the weirdest feeling ever, and I am not really a spiritual person and I know it's just my subconscious helping me realise why I've been so paranoid lately, but it felt really good to get the message from her. 
    I love this. I'm glad you're feeling good about it :)
  • Yaaay good stuff!!

1.  Its a balmy 45 degrees here today, and it could get up to 55.  That's a win!

2. We just found out that FI has two really close friends coming to stay with us in May.  His best friend will be flying out from AZ for a weekend, and then two weeks later another friend will be out for the weekend from CA.  We're both really excited.  

3.  I just registered for my last semester of college.  I'm putting in a bunch of Internship applications. 

4. My boss is on Vacation all week since it's her birthday!

5. I have checked off some major wedding related to dos.  We booked the caterer and the photographer, and I bought my jewelry to go with my dress.  And FI took care of setting up the Hotel Block without telling me.  It's really early to have done it, and I told him when I found out but, oh well, one less thing to worry about. 

I'm also just in a really good mood today.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I have kind of a sad/bittersweet good thing.

Backstory: I had a friend who passed away about 5 years ago, 2 days before her wedding. 

I've always been prone to anxiety but am pretty good at managing it. The last couple weeks I've been experiencing higher that normal levels of anxiety, lots revolving around 'bad things' happening leading up to the wedding. I worry about my parents, I worry about my siblings. And especially with all the plane crashes in the news lately, and my FI being an airline pilot, I get really anxious everytime he goes to work. Basically it's like I am constantly anticipating something bad happening.

Last night I had a dream in which I was  in a car that was driving along the roads in my hometown. I am confused as how I got to be in this car, and turn to look at the driver. The driver turns out to be this friend of mine who passed away. She turns to me and says 'you know what happened to me was an accident. I know that the timing of it was awful for all of you, and no matter what, the timing would never have been right. But it was my time and you have to realize that. Just because this happened to me, does not mean something bad is going to happen to you. Its going to be ok, please don't live your life worrying that something bad is going to happen. You can't control things like that, so there's no point worrying about them, OK??."

And then I woke up and felt oddly calm.

It was the weirdest feeling ever, and I am not really a spiritual person and I know it's just my subconscious helping me realise why I've been so paranoid lately, but it felt really good to get the message from her. 
    I teared up reading this. (Tell no one! Feelings are lame!). I'm so glad you felt some peace!
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • My boss just told us we can all leave work at Friday at 12pm since it's Good Friday and we won't be busy! Whoo ho!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My dress came in last Thursday and I got to try it on on Sunday.  Even though I ordered a size too small, IT ZIPPED UP!!  and I am stoked!  I also got my first two "Have you lost weight?" comments since I started working out again last week.

And, one more class to go and then I graduate with my MSN in August, two weeks before the wedding!  I'm putting out applications like a mad-woman.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It's sunny and the snow is finally starting to melt!

I have a massive killer head/sinus cold actually, which is not so fun, but on the plus side I was able to sleep in (until 1 pm, sweet merciful crap!) while husband handled the real world and kids and such.

He also found himself a very reasonably-priced dentist and went for a cleaning this morning, so I guess I'm glad for him? lol. Maybe I'll switch, though I love my "fancy" dentist.

House-painting continues unabated, so that's exciting. We have painters around ALL THE TIME - they're like part of the family now - and all our stuff's in disarray but you can't argue with results!
  • Yesterday I "had" to attend a charity event held by one of my clients... at a day spa. A full day of massage, Jacuzzi, sauna, sunbathing (it's AZ and it was 97 degrees yesterday)... and it was all considered work!  And I think I convinced my boss that I need to entertain my clients at the spa more often, like every 3-4 months, at company expense.  I love my job.

• Anyone want to see the view from my office right now? 

Yeah, it's April and it's snowing and that's gross, but I'm so happy about it because it means we'll probably get to keep skiing until May 10th when our resort closes. And that is excellent. Keep snowing! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • amelisha said:

Anyone want to see the view from my office right now? 

Yeah, it's April and it's snowing and that's gross, but I'm so happy about it because it means we'll probably get to keep skiing until May 10th when our resort closes. And that is excellent. Keep snowing! 
    Oh downtown Edmonton! Before I moved to BC I worked downtown, right around that area too! 

Sorry that you guys have snow! Bet the traffic is stupid because of it.
  • amelisha said:

Oh downtown Edmonton! Before I moved to BC I worked downtown, right around that area too! 

Fortunately I walk to work so it doesn't even matter to me. I'm just giddy about hopefully having some freshies when we hit the mountains this weekend.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • amelisha said:

amelisha said:

Fortunately I walk to work so it doesn't even matter to me. I'm just giddy about hopefully having some freshies when we hit the mountains this weekend.
    I usually took the LRT and avoided it all, but the odd day I would drive, especially after a random snow fall I would hate my life trying to get out of there.
  • OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  CONGRATS SMILE!!  SHE"S PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• BABIES AND PUPPIES YAY

I've been a pit of despair lately so I needed this. 

It was almost 80 today. Windy af but I'll take it. We paid off our wedding loan yesterday (long story, I know loan=bad, long story). Puppers was good when I took him to herding. Pony is shedding and looking perdy. I have Wednesdays off. 
  • This little nugget-o-love became mine on Friday! Charlotte, a spunky 7.4 pounder, was eager to arrive and showed up 3.5 weeks early. She's pretty cute do I think we'll keep her ;)

She's beautiful. 
  • This little nugget-o-love became mine on Friday! Charlotte, a spunky 7.4 pounder, was eager to arrive and showed up 3.5 weeks early. She's pretty cute so I think we'll keep her ;)

She is beautiful! Congrats!!!!
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • OMG BABY.

CONGRATS ON THE BABY.

Anniversary
  • This little nugget-o-love became mine on Friday! Charlotte, a spunky 7.4 pounder, was eager to arrive and showed up 3.5 weeks early. She's pretty cute so I think we'll keep her ;)

She's Absolutely Precious, Congrats Smile! !!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Congrats @SmileDamnit! She's absolutely precious and perfect!

• Congrats @SmileDamnit! She just wanted to be born in the best birth month ;)

I went for a run after work yesterday and then cooked a tasty, healthy dinner.

I'm taking a half day tomorrow, which I've been looking forward to since...last Thursday? We're going to Orlando for a soccer game (the new MLS team, Orlando City Soccer Club).
  • Congrats @SmileDamnit! She's so precious!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards