Louisiana-New Orleans

Need Recommendations for Hair and Makeup!

Hi I am looking for some recommendations for hair and makeup for the day of the wedding for me and my bridesmaids. I'm in New Orleans, LA Any help is welcomed! Thanks!

Re: Need Recommendations for Hair and Makeup!

• Here are a few recs:

Just Face it Beauty:  http://justfaceitbeauty.com/

Blush and Bashful:  http://www.blushnbashful.com/

My wedding planner recommended the second two for my day, and she used the top one herself!  I'd also look at some of the Real New Orleans Wedding blog entries on Style Me Pretty and 100LayerCake, etc. They usually say who the makeup artist was, and you can see what their work looks like in professional photos. 
  • I really liked Flawless Bride.  They did my hair/make up, and two others for hair.  Everyone was very happy!
  • I used Flawless Bride as well, and was very happy.
  • I've decided to go with Two Sisters Hair & Makeup.  Their work seems really good and they are MUCH cheaper than the others I've inquired about.  $60 for hair and $60 for airbrush makeup. But the others that I really liked and were considering going with were:

Verde- amazing, their package sounds very luxurious but their studio is in Baton Rouge which would be hard for me to make it for my trial being a destination bride.  And it was really pricey

Kiss and Makeup- love them, but again, a bit pricey and just outside my budget.

Hope this helps:)
  • Definitely going to look into Two Sisters!
  • oh you should edenisle!  I love her and her portfolio looks so good I was surprised at her pricing.
  • So I wanted to go with Flawless Bride for my weekend but Heather is unavailable.  Has anyone used any of the other ladies?  Still positive reviews?
  • I am using Flawless Bride. I am only doing makeup for me and my bridesmaids. We are using Candice and I have my trial this Saturday, so I will let you know how it goes!
  • Yes please let me know!
  • Candice actually no longer works there, but Jeanne did my makeup trial on Saturday and she did such an amazing job! I highly recommend her!
  • I had a great experience with Two Sisters - they had everyone from my 70 y.o. mom to my 7 y.o. niece!  We all looked great and they were so nice my niece wanted them to come to the wedding!!  
  • Thanks for all the feedback! 
    I've decided to use Beauty Marks-megan Marks for my makeup and Salon Elle for my hair. I did a trial with Megan for my makeup and she did an amazing job!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards