Honeymoon Discussions

Honeymoon--- booked! Oh yeah!

So glad to cross that bad boy off the list!  Aruba, here we come in late April/early May!  Luckily I've been disciplined with the points on the credit cards where the flights are covered and half the nights are too!  Anyone been to Aruba?  Any recommendations?  We're big food lovers too so we're totally checking out the steak joints!  :)

Re: Honeymoon--- booked! Oh yeah!

• Sweet congrats! I also just cashed in 4 years worth of credit card points on Europe last week.

The best steak I've ever had was a Brazilian steak house in Aruba. But unfortunately it was 10 years ago so I don't know the name of it.

• Thank you, PPs for this. I was just going to cash in my points to help pay for hockey playoff tickets. Nope - I'mma stash them bitches. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Points are the best way to get travel.  We have been putting a lot of our wedding things on a credit card and cant wait to see that kind of flights we get for Europe.

But when it comes to Aruba there is a little tapas place called Salt and Pepper very good...and the sangria amazing
  • edited March 2015
    Restaurants on Aruba enjoy a great reputation.  If you check review sites you'll
    often see descriptors such as 'amazing' or 'excellent.'  We met people staying in the Riu and they ended up joining us out for dinner even though they had paid for an all-inclusive plan.  And leaving the resort in Aruba is not generally a safety concern as it is on some other islands. 

My favorite dinner experience in Aruba was at Gianni's, on J. E. Irausquin Blvd.  They offer a signature dish that is quite memorable. The waiter or waitress pours some alcohol into a cheese bowl, sets it afire and when the flames have died out, tosses pasta in the still-melted interior of the cheese bowl.  That cheese-covered pasta is fantastic!
    Michael - The Honeymoon Guy  http://thehoneymoonguy.com
    Guiding you to a champagne honeymoon on a beer budget!

• If you're staying at a resort, make sure you get off the hotel grounds and enjoy the area. Have fun and congratulations on booking your trip! We're still trying to nail down the location for ours.
  • I went to Aruba with friends a few years back now but I still remember the pina colada shrimp dinner I had at Matthew's Beachside Restaurant. So good! We also did the Kukookunuku party bus which was a blast. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards