Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Ideas for History Themed Groom's Cake??

I'm wanting to surprise my groom with a groom's cake. He's a huge history buff. A few of his favorite historical moments are both the founding and falling of the Roman Empire. One of his favorite historical time periods is medieval Europe. He loves all history though. I'm trying to come up with an idea of what to do and would appreciate any ideas! Thanks!!

Re: Ideas for History Themed Groom's Cake??

• edited December 2011
    Rome: A cake version of the Coliseum? A centurion helmet? Something representing the story of Romulus and Remus?

Medieval Europe: a trebuchet? castle? church with Thomas Becket getting murdered? (if you're into the gory side of history) A medieval standard of his favourite king?
  • edited December 2011
    How about a stack of books with the names of his favorite times in history on the outside edges?
  • edited December 2011
    Maybe you could do a long rectangular "Timeline" cake that begins at the beginning of time (or some similarly far away point in history) and points out some of his favorite historical dates along the way and finally culminates in your wedding day? 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_ideas-history-themed-grooms-cake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:ba2cd717-3a4e-4754-8cd5-ddc990310b03Post:e384d444-0884-4184-a6ce-489a42dd376f">Re: Ideas for History Themed Groom's Cake??</a>:
    [QUOTE]How about a stack of books with the names of his favorite times in history on the outside edges?
    Posted by sb9411[/QUOTE]

I like this one.  You could have a stack of books, with all his favorite subjects/times in history.  Plus, it won't be as architectural of a cake, thus less expensive!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards