Registry and Gift Forum

Cookware for Registry

Hello!

We are starting our wedding registry and are stumped on cookware. I have a nice, hardly used set of non-stick pans, so we're good there. Everything else we have, though, are hand me downs and cheap buys from college. 

We aren't fancy cooks, but do enjoy it. I just feel that if I'm going to give people a list of things we would like, I'd like to pick quality things that will last instead of something that will need replaced in a year or two. I'm also not very interested in a full set; I'd rather get a few pans we will actually use (stockpot, sauce pans, etc). I'm from Nebraska, which limits store choices for our registry - we'll probably end up with Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, and maybe one more store (no Macy's, Crate & Barrel, etc)

Any ideas or information will help! Thanks!

Re: Cookware for Registry

So. Do you have a set of cookware or not? 

You can register for open stock cookware. Calphalon, Cuisinart, Anolon, and Rachel Ray are found pretty much everywhere and are nice mid-range options. I have Emerilware and Calphalon. I love them. I also have a Le Crueset dutch oven. Great, but pricey. 

I mean, shit, here's 209 openstock Stock, Soup and Multipot options

There are reviews on the site as well.

Anniversary
  • Also confused on whether you do or do not have cookware. Do you mean you have frying pans and need other pieces to complete the set?

I have a full set of Calphalon Contemporary and a few added pieces of Unison. I adore it, and expect it to last a long time.

• We have a set of All-Clad which has a great mix of different sized pots and pans.   We have like 5 different sized pots (including a stock pot), 2 frying pans and a huge skillet.    We use all of them on a regular basis.  I guess I'm not sure why you wouldn't get a full set to start off with?

Outside of the full set we also have 2 different sized non-stick frying pans.  We also have a Le Creuset dutch oven.  

I can't even tell you all the casserole-type dishes we have.  I have so many different sizes and shapes from various different companies.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • julieanne912julieanne912 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2015
    How about doing an Amazon registry?  That's what I did because FI's family are from a small town in Wyoming and their "fancy" store is a woefully stocked JC Penney (they don't even have a Target!).  That way people from anywhere can shop online for your registry and you can pick and choose the pieces you want instead of being limited to sets.
    Married 9.12.15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards