Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

aisle runner for outdoor wedding?

Ok so I'm getting married outside in June and I am looking into aisle runners. I've read different posts where people don't suggest using one. I've been told that since I'm getting married on a golf course the grass is very well kept and I might not sink in as much as I would normally but idk how true that is. Has anyone gotten married on a golf course and used an aisle runner? What material should I use so it doesn't get torn up? 

Re: aisle runner for outdoor wedding?

• Aisle runners can be problematic at the best of times: slippery, difficult to roll out, bunching up. Outdoors is just asking for trouble. If there's the slightest bit of wind, it will mess it up. You'll get grass stains on it every time someone walks on it. Etc, etc. IMO there are no pros, only cons, to ever having an aisle runner, especially outside.
  • The last two weddings I went to that were outdoors, the runners became unstaked as it bunched up under people's feet walking down it and then we all watched the runners flap in the wind instead of the ceremony.  So, unless you plans to have loops attached to the runner and the runner tied to the chairs and are guaranteed the chairs won't budge (people won't move them slightly in an effort to help people get in/out of their aisles), can't say I recommend it.

I honestly don't know how much a runner will save you from sinking anyway.  Either wear flats or buy those things they sell to attach to heels to give them a wider base so they don't sink.
  • I've worked on golf courses, and I don't think you'll have issues without an aisle runner. Honestly, I think you'd have more problems if you do use one. I got married in a garden and we didn't use an aisle runner. We had no issues with shoes sinking even though it had rained the two days prior to our wedding because our location, like a golf course would, has very good drainage to keep the ground from getting too soft/muddy.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Just say no to aisle runners.  You are just asking trouble by using one, especially outside (ie: heels getting stuck and people tripping).

• I would say no to the isle runner. Unless it's cut as short as it is on the putting green area, it won't sit right. Heels may not sink in to the ground, put they will go through the runner & you may have people tripping.

• I've worked on golf courses, and I don't think you'll have issues without an aisle runner. Honestly, I think you'd have more problems if you do use one. I got married in a garden and we didn't use an aisle runner. We had no issues with shoes sinking even though it had rained the two days prior to our wedding because our location, like a golf course would, has very good drainage to keep the ground from getting too soft/muddy.

Thank you, I never knew that about certain drainage at places like this. It's good to hear it from someone with work experience at a golf course. Definitely seems like people are not feeling the aisle runner idea so I think I'll decide against it...saves me a little money anyway so I'm totally fine with that. Thanks for all the answers everyone!
  • I got married on a golf course. It poured the night before, and I did not use an aisle runner. I was too afraid of tripping on the aisle runner or it bunching up or blowing away. 

I did wear wedges though.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards