Honeymoon Discussions

Trans Siberian Railroad?

Has anyone been? Specifically on the Moscow to Bejiing route through Mongolia?

Re: Trans Siberian Railroad?

• We haven't, but looked into it before.  It sounds cool, but we didn't like the idea of being on the train and not getting to stop to see places.  

I have been to both Moscow and Beijing though and both cities are amazing.  Beautiful buildings/architecture, lots of history.  They are amazing cities to visit.  Make sure your visas are in order for both though.  China was pretty simple - a short visa, but Russia took forever

• This sounds awesome - but it's probably one of the only situations where i'd try to go through a major group tour agency rather than plan on my own.  Many tour agencies will deal with the Visa requirements for you.  i would LOVE to see Russia and China, but i'd be afraid of botching the Visa process, which can take quite a while.  There are also companies you can pay to secure your visas for you so that you have a better chance of getting it done correctly the first time. 

If you decide to do this on your own, make sure you apply for your Visas ASAP just in case they are rejected initially and you have to try again.  As i understand, they can be rejected easily for "errors" that they find in the paperwork.

• I couldn't do it.  I'd go stir crazy being confined to a train for almost a week.
  • delujm0 said:

This sounds awesome - but it's probably one of the only situations where i'd try to go through a major group tour agency rather than plan on my own.  Many tour agencies will deal with the Visa requirements for you.  i would LOVE to see Russia and China, but i'd be afraid of botching the Visa process, which can take quite a while.  There are also companies you can pay to secure your visas for you so that you have a better chance of getting it done correctly the first time. 

If you decide to do this on your own, make sure you apply for your Visas ASAP just in case they are rejected initially and you have to try again.  As i understand, they can be rejected easily for "errors" that they find in the paperwork.

We'll definitely be using a travel company of some sort. I found afew online I'm going to be looking into.
  • JoanE2012 said:

I couldn't do it.  I'd go stir crazy being confined to a train for almost a week.

Lol. Ditto. We're actually going to be making stops along the way for day and overnight trips in certain areas like Lake Baikal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards