Registry and Gift Forum

Thank You Note Question

edited April 2015 in Registry and Gift Forum
My shower invites went out a while ago and guests have contacted me letting me know they're sending my gift directly to my house.  They wanted to make sure I watched for the delivery.  I live out of state and my shower is in my hometown.  The host of my shower said these guests are attending.  Do I send a thank you note prior to the shower or wait until after?  

Re: Thank You Note Question

• My shower invites went out a while ago and guests have contacted me letting me know they're sending my gift directly to my house.  They wanted to make sure I watched for the delivery.  I live out of state and my shower is in my hometown.  The hostess of my shower said these guests are attending.  Do I send a thank you note prior to the shower or wait until after?  

Send the TY note to let people know that you've received the gift.  Open the box, check it to see who it's from, what it is, and whether it's broken, send the TY note saying you're looking forward to seeing them at your shower.  If, at the shower, they give you something else (a ladle to go with the crockpot they had shipped to your house) send them a TY note for that after you get home from your shower.  I think especially if they're calling you to tell you to look for it, they'd be happy to hear you got it in a super timely fashion.
  • Also, when is your shower? I wouldn't side-eye waiting if it was, say,  this Saturday. 

Otherwise, PP has hit the nail on the head.
  • Yes it depends on when is your shower. If it's already coming up, I might just wait on the Thank you note. If it's not for a month or so, I would just send them the Thank you note to let them know I received the gift and you are looking forward to seeing them at the shower.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards