Wedding Reception Forum

pinspotting-yay or nay?

My coordinator has recommended using pinspots on my table centerpieces, but I am worried about the added cost. To any of those that used them, were they worth it? I don't want to spend extra money on something that is hardly noticeable. 

Re: pinspotting-yay or nay?

• I had to look this up to see what it is.

Looks pretty. Might look better in a darker room, since it would give more of a focal point.

All that being said though, I doubt I'd place much importance on it and it would easily get cut for me.

• I'd rather just leave the lights on.

• That's what I was thinking, too. Thank you!!
  • Not worth it, IMHO. As a guest, I'd much more appreciate that money being spent on upgrading the bar or more passed apps. Unless your venue is really dark or really bright without an in between option, this doesn't make a ton of sense to me.
    *********************************************************************************

• No - I could see that if you were at an awards banquet or a speaking engagement where you want the lights off in the room altogether for the focus to be up at the front of the room or there will be an accompanying slide presentation.  Then you'd probably want the overhead lights low or off and would appreciate the ambient lighting on each table.  But not for people eating dinner at a wedding reception - leave the lights on and skip pinspotting.
  • I agree with lolo.  Just don't dim the lights as much.  

• Of all the weddings I've been to, and what I'm doing for my own, leave the lights on during dinner, and just dim them or leave side lights on for the dance area during that time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards